Best GPU for Transcoding

ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

I ordered the RTX 4000. It should be getting here on Wednesday of next week. I'd be more than willing to do some testing.

Edit: I paid retail pricing for it and, surprisingly enough, it was cheapest on Amazon.

Edited by nharmon

lightsout

I ordered the RTX 4000. It should be getting here on Wednesday of next week. I'd be more than willing to do some testing.

Edit: I paid retail pricing for it and, surprisingly enough, it was cheapest on Amazon.

Sweet man, you must be hosting some servers or something? Or just really want to be able to handle a bunch of streams? Look forward to your results.

ShadowKindjal

Finally found some good data on various GPU's. Started a thread.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75466-nvidia-gpu-transcoding-comparison-data/

Great find! I did notice that the Turing TU104 information is limited to the Geforce cards. The Quadro P4000 is listed as being capable of 22 streams so I'm curious how the Quadro RTX 4000 will compare. Once I get the card installed I'll be sure to post my results. 

ShadowKindjal

Although, I may be limited to 25 1080p@15Mbps to 1080p@8Mbps streams because of the 8GB of VRAM.