Actor pictures on series level

sephrat

sephrat

Hi there,

I have an animated series for which I would like to have the pictures of the characters instead of that of the dubbing actors on the series screen.
I thought I could manually edit the tvshow.nfo and use the <thumb> under <actor> node. However it doesn't seem to work - it's still showing the actual actor picture.
Is it not supported in Emby or am I doing something wrong?
This seems off because the .nfo Emby automatically generated at first contained such tags:

<actor>
    <name>John Stocker</name>
    <role>Thompson</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/actors/19239.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>

For illustration:

• Wanted result:
    5d26fe2b9aa72_wantedresult.png
  • Actual result:
    5d26fdf768c92_Actualresult.png

For the record, I got the wanted result when using metadata from TVDB but these are the names of the English dubbers, I wanted the French ones. I switched to TMDB to get the right ones but it got the actors images. :-(

• Like 2

Hi, right it's not supported at this time to have separate images per actor per show. You can edit the actor image if you want, but then it will apply to all shows. It's possible for the future. Thanks.

eherberg

Hi, right it's not supported at this time to have separate images per actor per show. You can edit the actor image if you want, but then it will apply to all shows. It's possible for the future. Thanks.

Reading this topic reminded me of the changes happening at TheTVDB -- where one of the upcoming changes would address the OP's concern.  In fact - a specific example of the change to the way actors are handled falls right into the OP's question.

their official page will show their head shot, but each series will show them within that specific role. This means voice actors for animated series will have an image of their character

Other changes that will be welcome include flexible seasons (no more arguments because Batman:TAS DVD order has a different listing than the Blu-Ray order -- and both differ from air order), network storage now at episode level (ITV series 'Victoria' airing in the US months before it airs on it's own originating network) -- and other changes.

The website will be the priority first - but once that's stable the new functionality will be rolling out to the API.

I know that the other players - Plex, Kodi, that Jelly-like option - have all reached out to Scott regarding the future.  Is Emby in contact with TheTVDB regarding the future functionality?

• 3 months later...
unnamed8848
It's possible for the future.

Is it in the works and do you have an ETA? I would really love to see per-series actor images.

Edited by unnamed8848