Someone please help "WOL"

brandenlee

brandenlee

i have installed and set up my media browser on the roku and windows 7 server. I'm switching from plex.. well i wanted too. The only thing that is keeping me from switching is the fact that my server with not WOL with media browser but it will with plex.. :( any help would be much appreciated 

gcw07

It doesn't support WOL at this time. I wasn't aware the Plex Roku channel did WOL either. @@sfnetwork can you confirm or deny that since your the only one I know that uses Plex. Thanks.

sfnetwork

It doesn't support WOL at this time. I wasn't aware the Plex Roku channel did WOL either. @@sfnetwork can you confirm or deny that since your the only one I know that uses Plex. Thanks.

Never actually tested it. (my server never goes to sleep based on its roles)

I know RARflix has this feature. Not sure about official (I think so too from some posts I've seen...)

Basically, I'm not sure...

brandenlee

Never actually tested it. (my server never goes to sleep based on its roles)

I know RARflix has this feature. Not sure about official (I think so too from some posts I've seen...)

Basically, I'm not sure...

Rarflix does have the feature built in but even with the official plex channel, with my pc set to WOL in the Bios and on windows it works.. thats why im puzzled that Media Browser doesnt.. It disappoints me becuase i love the media Browser look and feel.. but i have to have it where my server can be Woken  up... Guess ill have to stick with plex til this is available :"(

• Like 1

rshack

Rarflix does have the feature built in but even with the official plex channel, with my pc set to WOL in the Bios and on windows it works.. thats why im puzzled that Media Browser doesnt.. It disappoints me becuase i love the media Browser look and feel.. but i have to have it where my server can be Woken  up... Guess ill have to stick with plex til this is available :"(

You can add another channel to allow you to send a magic packet to wake the server. This is how I currently have things setup, it does add an extra step, but at least you don't have to get up and go to wherever your server is to manually wake it.

https://owner.roku.com/add/WoL

• Like 3

Macburp

You can add another channel to allow you to send a magic packet to wake the server. This is how I currently have things setup, it does add an extra step, but at least you don't have to get up and go to wherever your server is to manually wake it.

https://owner.roku.com/add/WoL

Good idea, but unfortunately that wouldn't work for NowTV boxes. I've got a magic packet sender on my phone that I use to wake up the server whenever necessary, usually before I use the android app but I've used in occasionally when using my Now TV box.

Not ideal.