Web App Not Connecting to Server in Microsoft Edge

SuperMinecraftKid

SuperMinecraftKid

I was inspired to try using microsoft edge for a couple days instead of chrome or firefox. I notice that when I try to sign in from app.emby.media I'm unable to connect to my server and get this error

tG7ejMMb4eulUPX.png

I tried clearing cookies as a shot in the dark. Didn't work :(

Edited by SuperMinecraftKid

Seems to be just fine from here. I would make sure the address you entered is correct and then try again.

• 1 month later...
mrfaulk

same here, just tried with edge and am getting a "connection failure" screen after selecting the server.... chrome and firefox seem to be working fine, wanted to check out edge given i read that html performs better with edge...

Happy2Play

I can only assume you are referring to app.emby.media.  There is a connection difference in Edge vs Firefox and Chrome when is comes to server identification.

I can connect to my server via hostname in Chrome and Firefox via online app but not Edge.  Of course these are still within my LAN but there is a obvious difference.  But there is no real way to know what that select server link is using.

@@Luke

​But I assume this is only a issue when adding a server manually.

Happy2Play

Why can't you connect using Edge?

My example is hostname (manually added servers) works in Chrome and Firefox, but will no connect in Edge.

So it is a matter of what is being used for the host in Connect to:. 

5d5b0a6cabb41_host.jpg

As no one knows what is being used when you click on the linked server on someone's select server screen.

Happy2Play

when i select my server i receive a connection failure screen...

01.png

02.png

And that can be a issues as a user has no idea what type of connection is used when clicking that linked server.  But it at the same time when a users is linked to multiple servers there were complaints and requests to hide that specific information.

Happy2Play

Just like a situation like this where one fails and other doesn't.  But there is no way for a user to why one works and the other doesn't.

5d5b20ed6ebc4_duplicate.jpg

That is most likely due to uninstalling and reinstalling the server, and the one that doesn't work is the old one.