LDAP Configuration

CChris

Khalimerot

Yes i mean the hostname sorry, 

why is it not an option? even if you don't have a DNS server at home, you can eventually edit the hostfile to point the hostname to the target ldap machine :)

dedyms

sorry for the late reply, because the issue itself not IP but the self signed certificate. When other apps had the options to ignore this kind of error emby don't.

```

2022-07-11 10:42:03.210 Error LDAP: Ssl certifiate error RemoteCertificateNameMismatch, RemoteCertificateChainErrors
2022-07-11 10:42:03.213 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider LDAP  

```

Khalimerot

here the error says the name is a mismatch.

Wich means you have a certificate for hostname X, but you are trying to connect with IP or hostname Y

that's the problem i had, my LDAP server was having a self signed certificate with hostname ldap.xxx.local

and my emby was connecting with IP, it worked at the moment i change the address in emby by ldap.xxx.local, and created the record on my dns server.

I'm pretty sure that if you manage to have the same hostname on your certificate and on the address emby call, it will work. My certificate is also a self signed one.

But for that you will need a local DNS server, or edit the hosts file of the emby server.

Edited by Khalimerot

dedyms
1 hour ago, Khalimerot said:

here the error says the name is a mismatch.

Wich means you have a certificate for hostname X, but you are trying to connect with IP or hostname Y

that's the problem i had, my LDAP server was having a self signed certificate with hostname ldap.xxx.local

and my emby was connecting with IP, it worked at the moment i change the address in emby by ldap.xxx.local, and created the record on my dns server.

I'm pretty sure that if you manage to have the same hostname on your certificate and on the address emby call, it will work. My certificate is also a self signed one.

But for that you will need a local DNS server, or edit the hosts file of the emby server.

It is working now, thanks for the hint. tldr; the cert not generated properly. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I Share my Config with Authentik LDAP :)

LDAP server address: ipfromldapserver
LDAP server Port number: (3)389

Bind DN: cn=ldapservice,ou=users,dc=ldap,dc=goauthentik,dc=io
Bind credentials: your_ldapservice_user_password
User search base: dc=ldap,dc=goauthentik,dc=io
User search filter: (sAMAccountName={0})

Greets ❤️