Playlist lose tracks

edencorbin

edencorbin

My playlists keep losing tracks. I think it might be becoase I have moved files around in my music folder, but I'm not certain. Does emby have no way of relocating lost files? Seems like that would be an awesome feature. Specifically I had so much music I put all my songs in alphabetical folders to help with folder browsing. All the music is still detected but my playlists blew up, even still have photos (emby generated with a few of the album covers) but not all the tracks. Any know issues or planned features around this?

Happy2Play

Playlists and Collections list the absolute path in their xml files.  So when you move media around these xml files no longer match where the media is.  Currently you have to manually update the Playlist or Collection xml files.

<PlaylistItems>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\2 fast 2 furious\2 fast 2 furious.disc</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
  </PlaylistItems>
  <CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Multi Version Library\12 Rounds (2009)\12 Rounds (2009) - 1080p.disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Multi Version Library\12 Rounds 2, Reloaded (2013)\12 Rounds 2, Reloaded (2013) - 1080p.disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Multi Version Library\12 Rounds 3, Lockdown (2015)\12 Rounds 3, Lockdown (2015) - 1080p.disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>

That's correct, although if you use your own .m3u playlists, the server will save those with relative paths when possible.

edencorbin

Cool, if I was to try to fix my xml files I would probably try to script it, checking for a files existence at a given path and if not found searching some root directory. An automatic find for missing files is a feature request I would like to make!