24 bit audio files are not playing

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

Operating system: Fedora 29

Server version: 4.1.1.0

Emby mobile version: 3.0.59

Android version: 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy J1

24 bit FLAC songs are not playing, whether I try to start playback with any of them inside a playlist or from the "songs" tab, they don't start to play, however, if I start playback with any 16 bit FLAC or Mp3 song and the next one in the queue is a 24 bit song, then that song plays normally.

Edited by Richard Branches

Richard Branches

What exactly happens?

I have a playlist with 24 bit songs only and none of them play, it just start to skip them on and on until the last one in the list.

Richard Branches

What exactly happens?

If I go to the songs tab and tap on any of those 24 bit songs and then tap on the play button over the cover art, it just try to play it, the little "now playing" window appears at the bottom of the screen and then fades away immediately.

Richard Branches

What exactly happens?

However, let's say there is a 16 bit FLAC or Mp3 song above the 24 bit song on the list, if I start playback on that 16 bit song with the option "play all from here" from the menu that appears after I tap o the three dots (...), and press the "next song" button, the 24 bit song stars to play.

Richard Branches

Is this consistent with all 24-bit flac, or only certain ones?

Every single 24 bit FLAC songs are not playing by doing what I explained above.

Edited by Richard Branches

Richard Branches

I'm sorry!, my mistake!, I thought this was the other topic!.

Richard Branches

However, they all play on Chromecast Audio and on the Web player, I can't confirm on Android TV because I sold the device.

Richard Branches

I assume that's your only Android device?

Yes, but a new Android TV device is on the way...  ;) 

Ok, in my testing I'm not able to reproduce this. It could be something that is device specific.

Richard Branches

Ok, in my testing I'm not able to reproduce this. It could be something that is device specific.

It apparently is, I tested the app with the LG G3 and it plays the songs correctly so it could be an issue with the app on the Galaxy J1, it was working with previous versions though, take a look at this video, I recorded the screen of the phone while trying to play the playlist:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_lH8kZRCxNAjlwkIcL-obtKLMl2jqbmY

• 3 weeks later...
Richard Branches

I now confirm on my new Android TV device (Mecool KM9 Pro Classic) 24 bit FLACs are playing correctly, the issue is still present only on my Samsung Galaxy J1.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Branches

I just wanted to report that in the latest beta (3.0.70) I still reproduce this problem. Thanks.

Richard Branches

@@Luke, in the web app 24 bit songs are playing correctly, I suppose it's different than the Android app but at least it's working there.