Kill Bill MKV... no Subs

Harblar

Harblar

Like it says. No subs for my mkv rip of Kill Bill volume 1.

Also.. How do you get LPCM tracks to output in full 7.1 without screwing the rest of Win 7? Only got stereo right now.

I know subs work ok. Just watched Wolverine MKV the other night with no trouble.

Any advice or first hand knowledge?

Harblar

Also... The movie 'Shoot Em Up' is not showing up in my movie database... Same bluray mkv rip as every other and shows up in windows browser yet no show in media browser server? Only one I know of so far. Any advice?

A8HTPC

Go to Imdb.com and search for the title of the movie. Sometimes there is a weird way its spelt. Maybe Shoot Em Up is Shoot-Em-Up.

Also, download MediaInfo from http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo. You will be able to right click on the mkv, then click on MediaInfo and you will be able to see if subtitles were put into the MKV. I had issues like this too and found I didn't properly encode them into the mkv. Also found out MP4 formats didn't hold subtitles.

Haven't played with 7.1 bitstreaming. Only think I can mention which you probably already did was make sure Bitstreaming is enabled in MBT nunder audio settings

Edited by A8HTPC

Harblar

Got media info. Working fine. Bringing up the info pane in Mbt shows 3 available subtitle tracks but won't display any of them. It's been awhile since I've watched these rips, but I know I had them working for this movie at some point (maybe when watching in MB Classic).

Bit streaming works for every other sound format, Dolby+ thru Dts-Ma, just can't get multichannel PCM. I know if the windows speaker setup is set to 5.1/7.1 it should work, but it causes funky issues with WMC7 then. I haven't checked yet, either, but I'm pretty sure I already have it set to 5.1 and all I could get was stereo.

Shoot em up... Shouldn't matter what the title is. I can't get it to show in the server database, period! The naming of the folder should only affect the grabbing of metadata. If it's named wrong it should still show up, but with no meta data available...

Ok, don't ask me why, but now it's showing in the list. I deleted all of the meta data from the folder and tried refreshing it several times last night. It would repopulate the data, but not show in the server data edit page or theater movie list. Wasn't just now when I checked, either, but I found it on the server movie browse page. (Wasn't there last night) when I clicked on the edit icon, BAM, it finally shows up in the list... Weird.

So... 1 problem solved, apparently. Hahaha.

Koleckai Silvestri

1) Go to Media Browser Theater Settings.

2) Select Video Player.

3) Click "Configure Subtitles".

4) In the resulting dialog, set your Audio and Subtitle settings (e.g. eng in both fields for English).

5) Set the Subtitle Selection Mode to Default.

6) Save.

7) Check your media to see if subtitles work now.

If they don't go back to Settings -> Video Player and check the box labeled Enable XySubfilter. This should have been installed when you installed theater so should still be there.

Koleckai Silvestri

Ok, don't ask me why, but now it's showing in the list. I deleted all of the meta data from the folder and tried refreshing it several times last night. It would repopulate the data, but not show in the server data edit page or theater movie list. Wasn't just now when I checked, either, but I found it on the server movie browse page. (Wasn't there last night) when I clicked on the edit icon, BAM, it finally shows up in the list... Weird.

If you don't have "Enable Real Time Monitoring" enabled under Library -> Advanced in the configuration tool, items will not be added until the Library Scan task runs which is about every few hours. On my machine it is set for every 6 hours.

Harblar

1) Go to Media Browser Theater Settings.

2) Select Video Player.

3) Click "Configure Subtitles".

4) In the resulting dialog, set your Audio and Subtitle settings (e.g. eng in both fields for English).

5) Set the Subtitle Selection Mode to Default.

6) Save.

7) Check your media to see if subtitles work now.

If they don't go back to Settings -> Video Player and check the box labeled Enable XySubfilter. This should have been installed when you installed theater so should still be there.

Ok... Think I got this working. Everything was already enabled except for it was set to Forced only instead of default. Still weird that it would work fine with no changes for one movie and not for another. Oh well...

If you don't have "Enable Real Time Monitoring" enabled under Library -> Advanced in the configuration tool, items will not be added until the Library Scan task runs which is about every few hours. On my machine it is set for every 6 hours.

I'm not sure if I have real time monitoring enabled, but I've got the scan set for once an hour and I manually ran it about 5-6 times with no update. Again, weird as this movie has been ripped and in my collection for a year or better and just recently wasn't showing up. Hmmm...

Edited by Harblar