Why are My Downloads not called Synced Items?

iamspartacus

iamspartacus

It's very confusing to users. They are trying to "sync" their items by hitting Download instead of Sync because that section is called My Downloads. It makes no sense to call it that when the Download button only let's you use the media outside of Emby. Can this be changed?

Isn't the term download easier to understand than sync? I think it is.

What we can do to resolve this is make sure there is only one way to do it.

iamspartacus

I agree Download is easier to understand. It's just confusing for users when they hit download and then those files are not there when they go to My Downloads.

They may not have downloaded yet. Or maybe they used the web app which is unable to download to the same place as the Android app.

But they are the same thing. We'll remove it from the sync menu.

• 2 months later...
iamspartacus

Any plans to merge Sync and Download?  I still see both options in the app and my users continue to be confused by which to choose.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Tony Wild Card

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but is it possible to make music you sync to your phone, play instead of the online version. Example: I go into my online music folder, I start a online song that i also have synced to my phone. It uses the offline version, instead of streaming the online version?

Plex used to have this feature, until they they broke sync

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but is it possible to make music you sync to your phone, play instead of the online version. Example: I go into my online music folder, I start a online song that i also have synced to my phone. It uses the offline version, instead of streaming the online version?

On the to do list, coming soon hopefully. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

Tony Wild Card

Any plans to merge Sync and Download?  I still see both options in the app and my users continue to be confused by which to choose.

I agree, sync is for music running parallel with ones online version, while downloaded means... well yeah downloaded and is independent

iamspartacus

Hi there, please try 3.0.87+. Thanks.

Thanks @@Luke.  At first Sync showed up in the menu and when I clicked on it it told me to use Download To from now on.  After I clicked OK, the Sync options is now gone.  Thanks for doing this.