Series recordings not working

Ifflanb

Ifflanb

I am trying to record using the series feature. I'm finding that it is pretty random as to whether it works or not. Mostly it doesnt. Ideally I want to set it to only record one at a particular time which I can do via the android app. Tried also being more open and setting to record at anytime but still no go. If you go into the scheduled section, it shows as if it's going to record and says its recording now but if you go to recordings, there is nothing there. Any ideas of what this might be?

Ifflanb

An example if that tonight 10-7-2019 I have set a series called "Home and Away" to record at 5:30 pm (new zealand time).

its set to record all episodes

airtime: anytime

keep: as many as possible

This hasn't recorded. It shows under the schedule tab as if it is going to record but then just doesn't

Logs attached.

embyserver.txt

Ifflanb

Hi. Any updates on this? I am trying Emby out at the moment. I dont want to keep paying for this if it doesnt work.

Marc_G

I can't speak to what the logs show (Thank goodness for Luke), but I've found Emby to be very reliable in terms of recording. The only times I've had a problem were when there was a change in the guide-vs-tuner channel mappings (used to be frequent, now not so much for the US at least, can't say about NZ), or in situations with marginal signal (which in my case were due to guide vs channel issues where it picked a distant channel rather than a local one with same content).

I did look at the error report:

MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException' was thrown.
       at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.OpenMediaSource(String openToken, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.RecordStream(TimerInfo timer, DateTimeOffset recordingEndDate, ActiveRecordingInfo activeRecordingInfo)
    Source: Emby.LiveTV
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

YEah, it barfed. Not sure what the conflict was caused by. Hopefully others can speak to it. Are you sure you had an available tuner at the time?

Ifflanb

Hi thanks for the reply. Yep definitely an available tuner.

On your tuner vs guide mapping point, what can be done if anything to correct that?

Thanks

Ifflanb

Thanks Luke. I wasn't getting live TV. I have completely uninstalled the TV tuner cards (I had 2 Hauppauge) and just rei stalked one of them. Suspect one might be faulty. Also unit stalked the guide and emby and Reinstalled. Now Getting live TV. Will see if the series recordings work today.

Marc_G

Hi thanks for the reply. Yep definitely an available tuner.

On your tuner vs guide mapping point, what can be done if anything to correct that?

Thanks

This was an issue at one point with the SiliconDust tuners and how they numbered/ordered channels or something. Perhaps specifically related to how the TV guide information was handled. I remember it being really frustrating, then Luke told us they did something to improve it, and the problem disappeared. Maybe 2 years ago?