Android TV App Login issue

tmg

Hi,

I have used this app previously and it worked fine. I have it installed on my Nvidia Shield TV.

I had to make some changes on my home network over the weekend so my server IP changed. 

Now when I use it it makes me sign in every time. The Emby Connect doesn't work either. I have gone through that and entered the pin a few times but nothing happens.

When I manually log in it works but then when I close the app and open it again it shows the log in screen again.

Hi.  Change the app startup setting to "Show Login Screen" and login.  Then go back and change it to whatever normal behavior you want and see if that solves the problem.

The old IP address is probably being remembered.

mastrmind11

Hi,

I have used this app previously and it worked fine. I have it installed on my Nvidia Shield TV.

I had to make some changes on my home network over the weekend so my server IP changed. 

Now when I use it it makes me sign in every time. The Emby Connect doesn't work either. I have gone through that and entered the pin a few times but nothing happens.

When I manually log in it works but then when I close the app and open it again it shows the log in screen again.

This is a known issue for a while now.  If you change server IP, uninstall and reinstall the app and it'll work again.

This is a known issue for a while now.  If you change server IP, uninstall and reinstall the app and it'll work again.

Or just go through the process I indicated above.

The problem is, when you save a particular set of login credentials and, at some point in the future, those credentials fail for some reason (like the IP address is no longer valid) we don't really want to wipe out those credentials that were previously saved.  That would mean that any temporary outage or mistake of bringing up the app before the server, etc. would erase your configured login.

That temporary problem is a lot more likely to happen more often than the server IP changing.

Thanks for the replies. I have uninstalled and installed the app on the Nvidia shield last weekend before I made this thread.

Do you guys mean uninstall the server application and re-install it?

mastrmind11

Thanks for the replies. I have uninstalled and installed the app on the Nvidia shield last weekend before I made this thread.

Do you guys mean uninstall the server application and re-install it?

The app.

So try this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75225-android-tv-app-login-issue/&do=findComment&comment=761559

We are looking into improving this so that the app can recover a little better from this. Thanks guys.