Emby for Samsung Smart TV not installing

jeff1001

jeff1001

I purchased a UN50NU6900FXZA last week, updated the firmware, followed instructions on installing app, Tried unzipping on and off usb, Kingston 16 gb. TV just opens up a window "would you like to browse files. It will not install. No Emby app in Samsung app store.  Eastern USA

jeff1001

I can't believe it. Something told me to try a usb 2.0 stick not the Kingston 3.0 and it installed with the 2.0

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I wonder if the issue is with all usb 3.0 devices, or just kingston. @@FrostByte.

jeff1001

It does the same thing the Android app does, after the first window, trying to load the second window the app freezes. Same place every time. on collections.

FrostByte

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I wonder if the issue is with all usb 3.0 devices, or just kingston. @@FrostByte.

the usb ports on my 2018 are 2.0, so I'm guessing the NU6900 is the same.  I don't have any usb 3.0 sticks, just usb 3.0 hard drives and it won't install from that either.  However, I can view media form my usb 3.0 harddrive.

Thanks. That's too bad considering usb 3.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible.

FrostByte

It does the same thing the Android app does, after the first window, trying to load the second window the app freezes. Same place every time. on collections.

What are the steps you're doing to make it freeze?  I can't seem to duplicate that.

jeff1001

After installing the app, I start it and it stops,freezes on the screen that list my libraries and freezes at that point.after the top row has been written. 2nd screen.

FrostByte

Okay, I still can't reproduce this.  Can you upload a server log please