Rearranging Home Screen and some other problem regarding player on windows

Seven_

Seven_

Hi,

I thought to give another try to Emby after 1 year

Question: is possible to arrange Home screen ? meaning Latest TV Show Up (want to put it above Latest Movies, see picture

5d22437bb7bed_embyhomescreen.png

Question: why after 1 year of absence when navigating to right and down will go as far as he can, still no fix, i posted this issue before 

Hi there, yes it is possible. Have you explored the home screen settings for your emby user?

Seven_

Hi there, yes it is possible. Have you explored the home screen settings for your emby user?

yes i did

I think you refer at the settings from Home Screen > Home Screen Section 1 to 7, option Latest Media show for both on same order, there is nothing to show or rearrange, what i want is to keep the library order as is and only Latest TV show to move above Latest  Movies

Ok you'd have to change the library order for that to happen. The latest section just goes by that. It's possible to expand this for more control in the future.

• 2 years later...
dirtylilfunker

Hi,

Was this ever sorted? My users libraries are all in alphabetical order as opposed to a custom order. There's no way for each user to amend their library order in their own settings. How is this possible?

Thanks

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, dirtylilfunker said:

There's no way for each user to amend their library order in their own settings.

What do you mean by that? Each user can arrange library order as preferred and irrespective to other users and/or default order.

dirtylilfunker

Never mind I've just found it. I was at my friends house last night and there's no way for her to re-arrange the library order in her settings but just found it in admin by clicking on the 'edit this users profile' etc. where you can move the library up and down. Knew i'd seen this before.

Cheers

6 hours ago, dirtylilfunker said:

Never mind I've just found it. I was at my friends house last night and there's no way for her to re-arrange the library order in her settings but just found it in admin by clicking on the 'edit this users profile' etc. where you can move the library up and down. Knew i'd seen this before.

Cheers

Hi, if she clicks her user icon in the top right then the can change home screen options from there.

dirtylilfunker

Thanks, we did try this and there was no way for a user, through the app, to change the order the library appears on the homepage; only what they can see on the homepage. Unless I've missed something?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
kevinw

Looks like dirtylilfunker didn't come back with an answer so maybe I can jump in as I've been looking for an answer to the same issue.

In my case it's the Firestick app. The Home Screen Layout setting only allows me to change the order of the sections and the libraries that will appear in latest and next up. I can see no way to change the library order.

Edit was to fix typo.

Kevin

Edited by kevinw

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, kevinw said:

Looks like dirtylilfunker didn't come back with an answer so maybe I can jump in as I've been looking for an answer to the same issue.

In my case it's the Firestick app. The Home Screen Layout setting only allows me to change the order of the sections and the libraries that will appear in latest and next up. I can see no way to change the library order.

Edit was to fix typo.

Kevin

Whichever library order you want, set it in Web app UI and Firestick app will pick it up. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, kevinw said:

Edit was to fix typo.

Kevin

Some settings are only editable via the web client.  I don't use a Firestick but assume it honor the user setting applied for this order like other apps.

image.png.b17af152a7c8e33d5f529f7a09f8673c.png

• Like 1

kevinw
11 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Whichever library order you want, set it in Web app UI and Firestick app will pick it up. 

That was quick and that did it. Thank you.

I must have done that previously as my main user has the libraries in a logical order but I was setting up a new user and it's a Very Long Time since I've done that and had forgotten how.

Thanks again and thanks to Happy2Play as well.

Kevin.

Edited by kevinw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1