Have to Force Close Sometimes

karambit27

I have this same issue on my FireTV cube (first gen).  I open the app and it immediately goes back to the Amazon home screen.  When I open the app again, it will show a black screen which leads me to have to force stop the app and then it will work again. Very intermittent and random. No pattern that I can see.

• 4 weeks later...
karambit27

I've gotten a quick black screen followed by a return to the home screen twice so far, but upon selecting Emby a second time it has loaded fine. I haven't seen the extended black screen requiring a force close so far. I will make sure to note if I do see that. It definitely seems to be some improvement over the previous version but given the randomness it is hard to tell for sure.

I've gotten a quick black screen followed by a return to the home screen twice so far, but upon selecting Emby a second time it has loaded fine. I haven't seen the extended black screen requiring a force close so far. I will make sure to note if I do see that. It definitely seems to be some improvement over the previous version but given the randomness it is hard to tell for sure.

Thanks for reporting back.

lightsout

I'm seeing the same thing, I had to do one force close this weekend. But it hadn't happened in a while besides that.

As described, the same happens to me. I have a two 2019 Shield TV (tube) and it seems to happen when the app runs in the background while using another app, then trying to return/launch Emby app it will immediately close and return to home screen. Launching it a second time works fine.

As described, the same happens to me. I have a two 2019 Shield TV (tube) and it seems to happen when the app runs in the background while using another app, then trying to return/launch Emby app it will immediately close and return to home screen. Launching it a second time works fine.

The app starts successfully for you without having to force kill it, correct?

The app starts successfully for you without having to force kill it, correct?

Correct, I have not had to force close

I was part of the beta channel and I thought this was fix in the 1.7.76 or 77. But you where releasing new versions fast at that point

Edited by Sirn8

Does this have anything to do with my issue that crashes the app when it comes out of sleep?

Does that still occur?

• 4 months later...
lightsout

Been dealing with this issue lately. Just opened Emby on the shield pro and had to force close.

Went upstairs and tried to use Emby on a shield tv and had to force close.

This still happens to me on my FireTV cube at least two or three times a week. From what I can see it happens when I back out of the app and go back to the FireTV Home screen but not every time. Very random. 

lightsout

I need to start exiting out of Emby instead of pushing home. Hopefully that will help. But it's a habit because I do it with every app.

lightsout

Wink I think is the beta maybe? When I installed Emby on my new shield I noticed it said beta. Must have opted in a while ago.

Try side-loading the up to date beta version (linked in the beta release notes).

lightsout

I'll give it a shot when I have some time.

Is there something specific in the beta that could help? Or are we just wanting to try the needy release?

lightsout
15 hours ago, ebr said:
There are specific changes that should correct this.

Thanks I'll check it out today.

Edited by lightsout

• 3 weeks later...
GregW

FYI... I am still seeing this issue on v 11. although maybe not quite as much. Also, if I press the back key and exit Emby I don't see the issue. It only seems to happen if I press the Home key to exit and I always stop the playback before I exit.