4.1.1.0 - Thumbs and Logos Don't download

easez88

easez88

Hello,

I've noticed that shows that I add recently no longer download the thumb or logo. Additionally if I search for them in the image editor no search results come back. However, If I go to TVDB, I can see that they have both available. The only thing that downloads is the primary image and the backdrop. 

I seem to remember a setting where I could check which images would download such as thumbs, logos, and banners, but I can't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Like 1

For starters I would make sure the image providers are enabled the options for the emby libraries that you want them to be downloaded for. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

easez88

Hi there. Yes, I have metadata and image fetchers enabled. While double checking I think I figured out what's going on. the TVDB is only available as a metadata downloaded. In Image Fetchers only the MovieDb is available. MovieDB only appears to host primary and backdrop images. However the tvdb host all of the other types of images, such as banners and thumbs. If it was added to the image fetchers those images would download as well. 

5d223469b9712_ScreenShot20190707at20441P

Am I missing a setting or something to enable it?

Strange that tvdb doesn't show up there. Can you please attach an emby server log? Maybe your tvdb plugin is out of date.

Wait, the issue is you have beta level plugins. You must have installed the beta and rolled backwards. This is not supported. To correct this, you will need use the plugin catalog to manually install the compatible version of every single one of those plugins.

As you can see, this is outright painful for both you and I. We should just start detecting this and not even allowing the server to load and force you to go back up to the beta.

• Like 1

easez88

Oh wow. I'll get on that and report back. Thanks for all the help.

Edit: That was it. all metadata plugins are back. 

Edited by easez88

easez88

I didn't know I had. to update I always grab the link from https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html. I remember reverting because of a bug with metadata editing on beta. However, I thought I reverted to the previous beta not to stable. In the download page I don't even see a stable link only beta.