Can EGD be used for IPTV?

pir8radio

pir8radio

I wanted to try out Emby Guide Data but noticed it asks for a zip code, and thats not the way IPTV works.   Is there a way to set it up for IPTV users where it draws guide data from any area or provider?    Similar to how "EPG for IPTV" works?

Spaceboy

I wanted to try out Emby Guide Data but noticed it asks for a zip code, and thats not the way IPTV works. Is there a way to set it up for IPTV users where it draws guide data from any area or provider? Similar to how "EPG for IPTV" works?

with schedules direct you could get epg for 4 locations and I used to go for uk, us and Canada which gives me coverage of 98% of the iptv channels I was interested in. I guess with gracenote you can still request a uk and a us location but I have kept using SD and the same three locations via epg123 and xteve

Oh and I worked out the “location” the iptv provider was sourcing their channels from and then looked up a zip/post code in that location

Edited by Spaceboy

pir8radio

So that's a no that it can not be used for iptv since most of the channels come from different states and areas.    Can emby add an option that is location neutral?   epg for IPTV does it right? 

It's not that simple as we need to first find a data source that is based on iptv data. You may want to look at iptv epg provider that can give you xmltv data.

Spaceboy

It's not that simple as we need to first find a data source that is based on iptv data. You may want to look at iptv epg provider that can give you xmltv data.

problem with that is most iptv providers only provide EPG for 1-2 days max so pretty useless for a dvr

Spaceboy

So that's a no that it can not be used for iptv since most of the channels come from different states and areas. Can emby add an option that is location neutral? epg for IPTV does it right?

no actually. I found it perfectly fine for my iptv provider. Us seemed to come from Burlington. Canada vancouver. Uk we are pretty straightforward any area will do

• 2 months later...

Emby Guide Data, não tem em meu país Brasil se tiver é em poucas áreas como que faço para ter o Emby Guide Data, com mais frequência em meu estados Brasileiro.
Tem que atualizar o emby para obter o 
Emby Guide Data, ou tenho que fazer algo aqui em meu server ?

Emby Guide Data does not exist in my country Brazil, if there is in some areas how to do for Emby Guide Data, more often in my Brazilian states.

Do I have to upgrade or embed to get Emby Guide Data, or do I have to do something here on my server?

Emby Guide Data does not exist in my country Brazil, if there is in some areas how to do for Emby Guide Data, more often in my Brazilian states.
Do I have to upgrade or embed to get Emby Guide Data, or do I have to do something here on my server?

Hi, we don't currently offer it in brazil, so you'll have to find your own xml source. Have you checked these guys out?

https://www.iptv-epg.com/

They're very popular.

vai demorar para atuarem no brasil e ter todos os acessos liberados. Tem alguma restrições para não terem no brasil ainda.

It will take time to operate in Brazil and have all accesses released. There are some restrictions for not having in Brazil yet.

When directing the emby server to a hosting and directing the domain ip to the emby that is on my network it still consumes my cpu when has many users or uses the space of my domain directing in the hosting, when the emby is accessed remotely?

When directing the emby server to a hosting and directing the domain ip to the emby that is on my network it still consumes my cpu when has many users or uses the space of my domain directing in the hosting, when the emby is accessed remotely?

Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a problem. thanks.

para que server o emby guide data, e no meu pais qual devo usar para ter as minhas conexões positivas para ter boa sistonia em meu emby server.

Qual devo usar para melhorar o emby server remotamente e local em meu server ?

Receio não entender completamente a questão, mas você provavelmente deseja usar xml tv com base na minha resposta acima.

O meu emby não lee corretamento as chaves m3u e m3u8, fica caindo e naquele tempo de vídeo ele não carrega corretamente carrega 1,2 minutos e volta a pagina no inicio, fica travando no modulo da tv ao vivo. Não roda corretamentes os canais, muitos canais o emby não sintoniza e como disse no carregamento de tempo ele não carrega definitivo para tv ao vivo, carrega um ou dois minutos e trava no modulo tv ao vivo, isso não deveria ocorrer pois é tv ao vivo, as chaves m3u 3 m3u8 no app kodi roda corretamente, mas no emby fica dando esses erros de leitura e carregamento. 

O que deve fazer para o carregamento ser definitivo para tv ao vivo?
Qual meio devo tomar para não ocorrer isso no emby ?

My emby does not read the keys m3u and m3u8, is falling and at that time video does not load correctly loads 1.2 minutes and back to the beginning page, is locking in the module of live tv. It does not run the channels correctly, many channels emby does not tune and as I said in the loading time it does not load definitive for live tv, loads a minute or two and hangs on the live tv module, this should not occur because it is live tv , the m3u and m3u8 keys in the kodi app run correctly, but emby keeps giving these read and load errors.

What should you do for uploading to be definitive for live tv?
What means should I take to prevent this from occurring in emby?