I cant connect my lg app to my emby server

FreeZeN1k

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try to connect? Are you able to connect from other devices in your home network, such as a smart phone?

• 2 months later...
vantuck

I'm having same issue.  Can connect to local Emby server (installed on NAS) from laptop; LG won't connect over its Emby installation.  Using PIN takes you to manual server add; for whatever reason it's not seeing that Emby server.  Have entered the IP manually / every way possible.  Looking at Media Server device list - the NAS sees this TV (IP address) just not the other way around..

Emby server install over Synology DS718+; Emby version 4.2.1.0; Tv Running webOS TV; ver 5.30.60

• 1 month later...
blinkertoon

I've recently started having the same issue - and switched off/on the router bit still doesn't work on the TV. Android app working perfectly. Ps also checked firewall on server pc which originally I think was blocking the Android app. Amy ideas? Thanks.

I've recently started having the same issue - and switched off/on the router bit still doesn't work on the TV. Android app working perfectly. Ps also checked firewall on server pc which originally I think was blocking the Android app. Amy ideas? Thanks.

How are you trying to connect from the LG app?

blinkertoon

How are you trying to connect from the LG app?

Tried the usual, i.e. my existing connection and via the pin.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

blinkertoon

Anyone able to help me with this? Ps just noticed the app was updated on the 19 November, which is possibly when this stopped working. Anyone else have issues with this version - or know how I can maybe reinstall? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed emby from 3 days. It works on my laptop, but on my LG TV and my Android phone don't work. Someone can help me, please? Thanks.

I have installed emby from 3 days. It works on my laptop, but on my LG TV and my Android phone don't work. Someone can help me, please? Thanks.

@@Paro89, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

@@Paro89, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

First problem: in In-Network connection section i would try to connect with ip address of the server, but in the page of the server emby i can't see local ip access, but only remote access (WAN) ip. Why? Where i can find the right ip to try manual connection?

• 10 months later...
blinkertoon
On 16/12/2019 at 03:41, Luke said:

@@blinkertoon were you able to try this?

Hi. I'm back, still unable to connect to the LG app. I've tried the connectivity tips. Android app works fine. One thing which wasn't an issue before which may/not matter is that the TV is plugged directly into the router, and the PC where emby is installed connects wirelessly to this.

I've also tried disabling the standard Windows firewall.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:19 AM, blinkertoon said:

Hi. I'm back, still unable to connect to the LG app. I've tried the connectivity tips. Android app works fine. One thing which wasn't an issue before which may/not matter is that the TV is plugged directly into the router, and the PC where emby is installed connects wirelessly to this.

I've also tried disabling the standard Windows firewall.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• 1 month later...
blinkertoon

Hi. I basically have up trying to fix this for ages but am back (gulp).

Ironically, had to buy a new phone and now I can't connect via the Android app either :(

When I login I no longer see the home Emmy account I used to see before. And when I enter the address manually I just won't connect.

Am ready to give this a go again, as worked fine for such a long time before (aside from occasionally having to reconnect/restart the LG TV app).

Any suggestions again?

Many thanks.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:34 AM, blinkertoon said:

Hi. I basically have up trying to fix this for ages but am back (gulp).

Ironically, had to buy a new phone and now I can't connect via the Android app either :(

When I login I no longer see the home Emmy account I used to see before. And when I enter the address manually I just won't connect.

Am ready to give this a go again, as worked fine for such a long time before (aside from occasionally having to reconnect/restart the LG TV app).

Any suggestions again?

Many thanks.

Hi there. I would suggest checking out our connection troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks.

blinkertoon

Sadly tried all those steps already, and them some :(

The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with my recent mesh setup (although having said that sure the issue cropped up before this changed).

Note: can't connect desktop direct to router at the mo as Windows currently playing up (e.g. settings app keeps crashing).

43 minutes ago, blinkertoon said:

Sadly tried all those steps already, and them some :(

The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with my recent mesh setup (although having said that sure the issue cropped up before this changed).

Note: can't connect desktop direct to router at the mo as Windows currently playing up (e.g. settings app keeps crashing).

Hi, so you have a new router setup using mesh?

Is your Emby server still connected via WIFI?  If at all possible I'd highly recommend connecting the server via Ethernet.

Are all you clients being talked about and your server on your home network?  Nothing is remote correct?

blinkertoon

Thanks both.

No chance for Ethernet I'm afraid. And all local, correct. Worked perfectly fine in the past with no other significant changes I'm aware of, other than updated Emby app.