Invite for TestFlight TvOS

epa007

epa007

Hi looking to get an invite to the test flight beta testing since I'm on tvOS 13 I am unable to watch any movies or shows thanks..

• Like 1

Sent msg.. read it but no reply however

Hi.  You were added to TestFlight yesterday.  You should have received an email from Apple.  Please check your spam traps.

Thanks.

Hi

I am also struggling with my emby app on Apple TV. Could I please join the beta testing

Hi.  We have submitted a compatibility update to Apple for review and it will, hopefully, be released soon.

If you still wish to be in the beta, please PM me the Apple ID for the device.

Thanks.

denz

Easy click on ebr user icon and to the right it will have a button to send me a message. 

Edited by denz

Barring any large problems found, the current beta should be released today.

• 3 weeks later...
ShawnyRHarvey

I’ve got two  TV 4K & one  TV 4th Gen on TVOS 13, and none of them are loading any servers when on the non-beta app. Do I absolutely need the TestFlight version for it to work with tvOS 13?

Edit: I wasn’t patient enough. Working now on stable release :)

Edited by ShawnyRHarvey

I’ve got two  TV 4K & one  TV 4th Gen on TVOS 13, and none of them are loading any servers when on the non-beta app. Do I absolutely need the TestFlight version for it to work with tvOS 13?

Edit: I wasn’t patient enough. Working now on stable release :)

Correct.  We released an update a couple of weeks ago to be compatible with tvOS 13.

Thanks.

Correct.  We released an update a couple of weeks ago to be compatible with tvOS 13.

Thanks.

That's awesome. 

Quick question - will the update or an upcoming update convert the guide on ATV into a proper grid like Roku, Web, etc clients?

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, andrewmcd7 said:

@ebr could you add me to the beta? Using Apple TV 4K. Andrewmcd7@gmail.com

thank you!

Hi.  What are you wanting to test?

andrewmcd7

@ebr I’m finding the stable app very very buggy. Top banner (home, favourites, search, settings) rarely loads, certain videos not loading, etc. It just seems like the stable version isn’t very stable. 

I'm a long time plex user who is experimenting with emby and I love the interface and features but on Mac OS and Apple TV it doesn’t seem stable. So always wanting to test new features and stability and make recommendations which I’ve already started doing. 

Edited by andrewmcd7

andrewmcd7

@ebr just to follow up.. I’m all Apple. Emby on Mac OS. My Apple TV has been giving me issues non stop. I just can’t get anything to play. I wasn’t sure if it was the settings. I fiddled with them all. Like the player settings (mpv??) I forget the name. 

ive installed the infuse and the emby infuse plug in to try but haven’t yet. I wasn’t sure if the emby issues was the server side (Mac OS) or Apple TV that was buggy. But I load up emby on my iPad and EVERYTHING play instantly and flawlessly. Which leads me to believe it’s the Apple TV app. 

Hi.  What you are describing is not normal.  Can you please create a new thread out here with details of the issue you are having?  The beta version isn't going to change anything in this regard.  Thanks.

andrewmcd7
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What you are describing is not normal.  Can you please create a new thread out here with details of the issue you are having?  The beta version isn't going to change anything in this regard.  Thanks.

I will thank you. ...

can I still be invited to the beta for Apple TV and iOS? I use the beta of plex and infuse also. 

4 minutes ago, andrewmcd7 said:

can I still be invited to the beta for Apple TV and iOS? I use the beta of plex and infuse also.

Yes, but, right now, the beta is the same as the release.

andrewmcd7
Just now, ebr said:

That’s fine. Always excited to try betas. Add me to the list :) you guys rock!

• 9 months later...
speedingcheetah
On 10/25/2020 at 9:03 AM, ebr said:

is this still the case? has there or is there any further development of Emby app for Apple TV?

I think the new os TVos 15 or something is  soon to come out.

11 minutes ago, speedingcheetah said:

is this still the case? has there or is there any further development of Emby app for Apple TV?

I think the new os TVos 15 or something is  soon to come out.

You can follow new development of the app by checking out the Testing area of the community:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/161-apple-tv/