Lost XML guide data channel mappings unable to remap

spuleckip
Go to solution Solved by mark-in-dallas,

spuleckip

I've got two HDHomerun tuners and an m3u tuner setup together.  The HDHomerun tuners are setup with Emby guide data and everything works perfectly.

I've had the m3u tuner and xml guide data working well for about 6 months.  For some reason, last night I lost my guide data.  I've looked and the xml still has all the data in it.  I then looked at the channel mappings and it appears that the channels are not mapped for the xml data source.  I never mapped them myself, Emby automatically mapped it all when I set it up.  

When I attempt to re-map, I never get the list of channels to match up, my screen will sit like this indefinitely.  I've let it sit up to 30 minutes.

I've removed the xml data source and re-added it.  I've also removed and re-added the m3u tuner.  

Does anyone have any other ideas to point me in the right direction?

5d1f76733ab43_tempsnip.png

kanipek

Is the xml source local? Or is it a url from a provider?

If you initiate a guide refresh you can monitor the log for any issues.

Provider URL based xml can randomly stop working, it would not surprise me if this was the case. I use both a local XML and a provider URL - I will occasionally see issues pop up on both.

What server version are you running?

spuleckip

Thank you for the reply.

The xml source is from a provider.  I was able to download the xml and open it in Notepad++ and verify that it contains tons of program information.

Server version is Version 4.1.1.0  and it's running on Windows 10.

I just initiated a refresh and looking at the logs, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but I see all the m3u channels identified, here's the first few:

2019-07-05 13:06:54.691 Info App: Found m3u channel: -1 tvg-id="CBC.ca" tvg-name="CBC Toronto CA" tvg-logo="http://static.iptv-epg.com/ca/CBC.ca.png"tvg-chno="5" channel-id="5" group-title="LIVE GROUP 000 locals",VIP CA : CBC HD
2019-07-05 13:06:54.692 Info App: Found m3u channel: -1 tvg-id="MY65WRBW.us" tvg-name="MY65 Orlando US" tvg-logo="http://static.iptv-epg.com/us/MY65WRBW.us.png"tvg-chno="74" channel-id="74" group-title="LIVE GROUP 000 locals",MY65 ORLANDO FL
2019-07-05 13:06:54.692 Info App: Found m3u channel: -1 tvg-id="CTVToronto.ca" tvg-name="CTV Toronto CA" tvg-logo="http://static.iptv-epg.com/ca/CTVToronto.ca.png"tvg-chno="9" channel-id="9" group-title="LIVE GROUP 000 locals",VIP CA : CTV FHD

After these, it appears to query the 2 HDHomerun devices for their lineups and then says it matches each channel with it's lineup from the built in Emby source, they all look like this:

2019-07-05 11:56:37.155 Info App: Found epg channel in Emby Guide Data USA-OTA14227 WBXZD11 110656
2019-07-05 11:56:37.155 Info App: Found epg channel in Emby Guide Data USA-OTA14227 WBBZDT 63992
2019-07-05 11:56:37.155 Info App: Found epg channel in Emby Guide Data USA-OTA14227 WBBZDT2 69405
2019-07-05 11:56:37.155 Info App: Found epg channel in Emby Guide Data USA-OTA14227 WBBZDT3 73159
2019-07-05 11:56:37.155 Info App: Found epg channel in Emby Guide Data USA-OTA14227 WBBZDT4 73161
2019-07-05 11:56:38.222 Info App: Refreshing guide with 7 days of guide data

Then I see scheduled tasks get setup for my series recordings, and it says the guide refresh completed in 12 seconds.

2019-07-05 11:56:45.748 Info TaskManager: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 12 seconds

I don't see any errors (using my untrained eye)

The xml is 41MB Above, I listed where the guide refresh logs discover My65WRBW. The following is an excerpt from the xml showing programming for that channel:

</programme><programme start="20190508000000 +0000" stop="20190508003000 +0000" channel="MY65WRBW.us">
    <title lang="en">Modern Family</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">Sex, Lies & Kickball</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">Jay's pal Shorty returns from Costa Rica and stays at Jay's house so they can reconnect, but he spends more time with Gloria than with Jay. Meanwhile, Alex wants to shed her good-girl image and prove to Claire that she's in a sexual relationship with Ben</desc>
    <date>2017</date>
    <category lang="en">Tvshow</category>
    <icon src="http://static.tvgcdn.net/feed/1/30/thumbs/118867030_300x400.jpg"/>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">8.3.</episode-num>
    <subtitles/>
    <rating system="MPAA">
      <value>TV-14</value>
    </rating>
  </programme><programme start="20190508003000 +0000" stop="20190508010000 +0000" channel="MY65WRBW.us">
    <title lang="en">The Big Bang Theory</title>

I'm scratching my head trying to figure this out, I very much appreciate any assistance.

mark-in-dallas

I am having the same issue.  My EPG guide data worked perfectly for months, then last night all data disappeared.  I checked my EPG provider and downloaded a fresh XML, which does contain the programming data, but Emby seems to not want to download it.  I have tried refreshing the Guide Data multiple times and each time it just zips through and doesn't appear to even attempt to download the data.  My channel mapping is also missing.  I can click on the Channel ID in Live TV and view the strream, but the otherwise the Guide is completely empty.

I have Emby Server 4.1.1.0 installed on a WD DL2100 NAS Drive, and have rebooted both the Emby Server and NSA, but the issue persists.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 1

spuleckip

That sounds exactly like what I'm seeing.  I'm glad it's not just me.

I also attempted to load the xml file I downloaded myself (instead of giving Emby the URL) and it doesn't change anything.

mark-in-dallas

I did the exact same thing, just before reading your post, and even though all programming data is in the XML file, it is not showing up in the Emby Guide.  The one thing that has changed is that the channels are now being mapped for both the uploaded XML file, and the EPG URL.

I am attaching the Emby Server log file, as well as a screen shot of the Guide.

post-435941-0-00615500-1562356844_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by mark-in-dallas

spuleckip

There is a commonality at the provider level - I'm also getting my xml from iptv-epg.com    

I kind of wish I had a copy of the xml file from last week (or even yesterday) so I could compare a working one with what I'm getting today, just to see if there are any differences.

I would check the xml data to make sure it actually has epg entries for your channels for those days. Perhaps it doesn't, or perhaps something in the data has changed and now you'll need to remap channels.

• Like 1

• Solution
mark-in-dallas

I would check the xml data to make sure it actually has epg entries for your channels for those days. Perhaps it doesn't, or perhaps something in the data has changed and now you'll need to remap channels.

And that would be the issue.  The XML file contains programming data, but the date range is for May 10 through May 14, 2019

• Like 1