Movie set as watched instead of in progress

stuklas

stuklas

Hi, i use kodi on my pc, HDstation on my qnap nas and a raspberry pi and i wanted to be able to start a movie on one device and then continue watching on another device. From what i read that should be possible with emby for kodi plugin but when i start a movie or episode, fast forward to the middle and then quit it gets set as watched and not in progress (on the same device i just played it on) do i have the wrong idea or should it work?

the sync is working as the episodes/movies are set as watched all all devices but "in progress" gets set as watched 30 seconds after quitting

Edited by stuklas

mastrmind11

what do you have set for your watched threshold in settings?

Angelblue05

Sounds like your content doesn’t have a total time in Emby. At least, that’s usually the reason for this. Emby has no total time, and so it’s unable to set a resume point.

Is this happening for everything? Can you provide your Kodi log, capturing this? Thanks.

stuklas

what do you have set for your watched threshold in settings?

i havnt changed anything so "min resume percentage" = 5 "max resume precentage" = 90 and min resume duration" = 300 sec

Sounds like your content doesn’t have a total time in Emby. At least, that’s usually the reason for this. Emby has no total time, and so it’s unable to set a resume point.

Is this happening for everything? Can you provide your Kodi log, capturing this? Thanks.

i dont know if it has total time, i dont really understand (english is barely my second language). Yeah its happening on both movies and tvshows. Im googling on how to get the log file as i have never done it, please bear with me while i try to get it! :)

Angelblue05

@@stuklas

As suspected, Emby doesn't have runtime for your content.

Runtime is missing, Kodi runtime: 5548

Can you try to refresh metadata for the movie in the webclient > 3 dots > refresh metadata and then retry to play it again and seeing if this persists? This is not an issue related to Emby for Kodi. You'll have this issue in all apps.

Edited by Angelblue05

stuklas

tried it on the same movie but it happened again. will try to reset the libraries and see if it works then. ill be back when i've tried that.

Angelblue05

As I stated, this is not an issue with Emby for Kodi. This is server side. You could post under the server section for help. Once Emby gets that information from your files, then everything will fall into place automatically in Kodi.

stuklas

i've been working for a couple of days so had no time to try, but i googled the problem you found and got it fixed. i had to set a path to FFmpeg and refreshed all metatada. thanks so much for taking the time to help me!

• Like 1