Question about sync process with beta server

Drego344

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Do you see anything in log that would explain why the add-on is not retrieving new episodes? It works for me. Everything in the kodi log looks normal.

Drego344

That didn't work....it was working perfect on 4.2.0.23..... After upgrading it stopped....it's just tv shows movies are fine

Angelblue05

Can you explain your file structure, what kind of library it is? What’s the best way to replicate what you are seeing?

Drego344

I have everything on a freenas server.....I don't know how to explain it..it was working fine until I upgraded to 4.2.0.24 the shows are on the dashboard on the web app but when I start kod I it does not sync tvshows...file structure is just a tv shows directory then the series folder then season folder and then the files.... That's the best i can explain it....something broke in 4.2.0.24..

• Like 1

Drego344

That works.... But it's just not updating on its own.....kod I is sync up now with the manual scan

• Like 1

This shouldn't matter, but i would suggest fixing these permissions issues and see if that helps. Emby Server is being denied write access to these locations.

2019-07-10 01:35:24.834 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.0.24
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd11_{version}_amd64.txz
	Operating system: Unix 11.2.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Thu May 16 09:52:19 UTC 2019)
	Runtime: file:///usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/media/videos/tvshows/The 100/Season 06/The 100 - S06E09 - WEBDL-720p h264 AAC.nfo" is denied.

• Like 1

Either that or turn off nfo saving, but it doesn't make any sense to have it turned on and then deny the server write access.

Drego344

I'm just waiting for some new episodes to see what happens....I really don't understand how the permissions could have change, I didn't change any...

Angelblue05

@@Drego344

To clarify here, even when Kodi is running, if a new episode is added or an episode is updated (refresh metadata), Kodi does not update it?

Edited by Angelblue05

Drego344

It will update the metadata it's just not added new episodes....I'm waiting to see if was a write permission issue

• Like 1

Drego344

After changing the permissions, I added a series i didn't have in my library, waited until it showed up on the emb y dashboard and then open kodi and it was there....Good news....so I'm going to see if it's the same with the series that were already in my library..

• Like 1

That really shouldn't make any difference though. Can you do another test. Try turning off nfo saving and then add a new series. see what happens there. thanks.