buttons are cut off when playing music

DerrickM

DerrickM

Hello,

I always search to see if someone else posted but I never find a similar post so apologizes if this is a duplicate.

This seems a bit weird to me and the first couple times it happened I just chalked it up to a fluke.

I listen to music on Emby Theater via remote desktop while I'm at work because all the other ports are blocked.

If I restart Emby theater everything appears fine, but inevitably the play, fast forward, and other buttons become distorted. I figured it was just because I was using it on remote desktop and my display settings are different.

But today when I got home I checked on my machine and it does appear to still be distorted. You can see from the screen shots that it only looks normal when the window is really long. So the taller the window is the less of the buttons you can see.

It seems like something is a bit off with the scaling. But can't pin down exactly how to replicate it even though it happens to me very frequently (daily).

post-96419-0-35681900-1562203680_thumb.png

post-96419-0-02191700-1562203911_thumb.png

post-96419-0-75234700-1562203919_thumb.png

DerrickM

1080p

Also if i just open a fresh Emby theater instance on my computer (4k monitor) When i shrink the window a bit5d1ed5da5795c_embyTheater4.png

In this case the entire time bar shows up but it still looks a bit strange. The buttons however start disappearing as soon as I start shrinking the window width.

Am I the only one with this issue? With the attached picture that instance of Emby Theater never saw remote desktop. I simply opened it and then shrunk the width of the window.

What happens if you keep 16:9 aspect ratio for the theater window, or at least something in that ballpark?

DerrickM

So far as I don't shrink the window width5d1fce970b7ca_embyTheater5.png its fine. It doesn't affect playing content or anything; it just looks weird.

In fact, its fine if I shrink the window so long as the ratio stays the same or the 9 in the 16:9 goes up and not down.

Though the time is not displayed completely unless i just keep expanding the width until it appears.

5d1fcf028f76c_embyTheater6.png

Try setting the display mode setting in the app to desktop. The tv layouts are just not designed for what you're trying to do.

DerrickM

5d209b1094258_embyTheater7DesktopMode.pn

So it was set to auto, I changed it to desktop, It's better but still not exactly right. You see the repeat button?

DerrickM

5d20a2499ae65_embyTheater8DesktopMode.pn

Looking at this view is a bit strange too. some of the heart is chopped off and the scroll bar is really obvious. maybe that's part of the desktop mode?

Edited by DerrickM

• 2 weeks later...

Ok currently that screen is built for a 16:9 display aspect ratio, or at least something close to that. We have a little bit of work to do to make it more responsive for other form factors.