Random refreshes when scrolling through genres

maverickphillips

maverickphillips

Whenever I scroll through the genre section the list randomly refreshes back to the top.

Hi.  Is something like a library scan running or new content being added to your server at the time?

maverickphillips

This happens pretty much all the time no matter what the sever is doing. When I recorded that video no tasks were running. It been an issue for quite a while unfortunately.

maverickphillips

I have attached a snip it of the log for you - Apple TV IP is .85 and the time i started scrolling was 21:59 

Thanks for your help

corey

I tested a number of scenarios this morning and wasn't able to trigger this specific scenario.

corey

I also reviewed the logs and nothing stands out as incorrect with regards to the paging requests.

maverickphillips

Are you running on the 4K Apple TV ? Not sure if that would make a difference? This has been an issue since I started using it in December so it’s had pretty much every update since.

Looks like something is triggering the UI to re-draw/re-create itself as opposed to it actually doing a re-retrieve.  Or just focus is going to the top after a page-in.

Does this only happen on the genre screen?

maverickphillips

Only genre screen - all others are fine, normal movie one and collections are fine.

maverickphillips

It feels memory related as if it’s run out of cache and clears if you scroll too far down it will refresh if you do it too quickly it will refresh. Sometimes if you open a movie as you scroll it won’t refresh and you can go further down almost like leap frogging

corey

It seems like it’s something specific to your setup that is causing the problem. The difficult part is isolating it. Can you give me access to your server and I can attempt to repeat it?

corey

thats fine, I will have to recreate the issue on the Apple TV though ? 

I would like to attempt to eliminate the server setup being an issue here. If you can grant me access to your server I'll connect with my Apple TV and see if I can repeat.

• 3 years later...

/necroThread

Is it possible to share what the solution was for @maverickphillips's problem? 
I seem to be experiencing exactly the same, only genre menu. Regardless of whether I use an Apple TV or Android box. 

This is not a problem using the Webapp. 

4 hours ago, pXius said:

/necroThread

Is it possible to share what the solution was for @maverickphillips's problem? 
I seem to be experiencing exactly the same, only genre menu. Regardless of whether I use an Apple TV or Android box. 

This is not a problem using the Webapp. 

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks !

2 hours ago, pXius said:

Hi Luke,

My issues is identical to the first post in this thread. 

to a T. 

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.