Photo

Movie / TV Shows download unsuccessful

Best Answer jakrigg , 26 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

Hi, for anyone else interested in the resolution for my issues above, it was something weird with the device mappings in the server.

I had a situation where attempting to download a TV Show or Movie would do nothing, but register in the 'Download & Sync" dashboard against a different device (an iPhone!) as "ready to Transfer". I also had a device listed as "Unknown Device" which had the same content I was trying to download listed as "ready to Transfer"

First I removed everything against all devices having problems (and the 'unknown device') in the Downloads & Sync board

The 2 devices that were experiencing the behavior above, needed to be removed from the devices list also:-

Then when re-launching the app on android, downloading TV or Movies would now say 'Downloading' (not syncing) and complete as expected.

I'm not sure why it was having issues with device mappings - maybe android updates affected the device ID according to emby - dunno.

No idea why download attempts on a samsung were registering on another (remote) users iPhone though

Cheers, Jonny

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 jakrigg OFFLINE  

jakrigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 PM

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

Hi Luke, I have tested this again with the new beta .70

- First cleared all downloads from Emby mobile app to start fresh

- Updated to .70

- Tested downloading music albums (2) - works fine

- Tested downloading TV show - says 'syncing' then does nothing

- Tested downloading Movie - says 'syncing' then does nothing.

Download location set to internal

Device - Galaxy S8+

Android log:-

Attached File  5710c437-00d6-4645-83b7-e717a649c256.log   453.87KB   1 downloads

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135862 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

Thanks. Please use the testing thread.

#23 jakrigg OFFLINE  

jakrigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:49 PM   Best Answer

Hi, for anyone else interested in the resolution for my issues above, it was something weird with the device mappings in the server.

I had a situation where attempting to download a TV Show or Movie would do nothing, but register in the 'Download & Sync" dashboard against a different device (an iPhone!) as "ready to Transfer". I also had a device listed as "Unknown Device" which had the same content I was trying to download listed as "ready to Transfer"

First I removed everything against all devices having problems (and the 'unknown device') in the Downloads & Sync board

Attached File  2.png   19.87KB   1 downloads

The 2 devices that were experiencing the behavior above, needed to be removed from the devices list also:-

Attached File  1.png   33.06KB   1 downloads

Then when re-launching the app on android, downloading TV or Movies would now say 'Downloading' (not syncing) and complete as expected.

I'm not sure why it was having issues with device mappings - maybe android updates affected the device ID according to emby - dunno.

No idea why download attempts on a samsung were registering on another (remote) users iPhone though

Cheers, Jonny

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135862 posts
  • Local time: 10:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

@jakrigg that's very interesting, thanks for the info. We'll take a look at that.

• jakrigg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users