ORSAY "H" Series - Samsung IS updating other apps

unisoft

unisoft

If Samsung have stopped taking update requests from Emby for Orsay/H series TVs, then why do I still get app updates for other apps?

Only a few days ago, TUNE IN app got an update and when Channel 4 updated their app, it also got updated. There have also been other apps updated.

The H5600 was sold in the UK until 2017 as there was no 1080p replacement for the 22" size screen for quite some time. The H6700 is a secondary 55" TV I own that also has 3D.

Is TuneIn a partner? To be listed in the app store worldwide you have to pay Samsung to be a partner. I would imagine that partners are still able to submit updates.

unisoft

Is TuneIn a partner? To be listed in the app store worldwide you have to pay Samsung to be a partner. I would imagine that partners are still able to submit updates.

Ah makes sense then - I didn't know that.

Is there going to be any way we can update the ORSAY/H SERIES by USB like Tizen? Or can we log into a dev account and do it the old way instead of relying on the store for updates?

FrostByte

The problem with providing a zip with Orsay is that you can unzip and see the whole code.

Even with an IP you can connect to IP/widgetlist.xml using a web browser and then download the zip listed in widgetlist