Backdrop and Logo

playloud

playloud

Is there any way to tweak the opacity of the backdrop in Emby Theater, and/or make better use of the logo?

I have tried all the themes (skins) available in ET, and only Blue Radiance allows the backdrop to be a little more transparent.

In addition, the logo is so small in the upper left corner as to be useless.

Below are screenshots of Fire Stick (Roku is very similar to Fire Stick) and Emby Theater to illustrate.  Logo is circled on each:

Emby Fire Stick and Roku

5d1b7aa774d37_ATeam_Fire.jpg

Emby Theater (Very dark, tiny logo)

5d1b7b1de910c_ATeam_ET.jpg

Emby Fire Stick and Roku

5d1b845616bff_Phantom_Fire.jpg

Emby Theater (Very dark, tiny logo)

5d1b848f567f1_PhantomET.jpg

AdrianW

I don't mind the location of the logo in ET (i.e. top left) - it just needs to be bigger.

I've started adjusting some of my logos to be much wider than they are high - ET then stretches them to a decent size. But, any logos that are more square virtually disappear in about a square inch of space on screen.

AdrianW

I've started adjusting some of my logos to be much wider than they are high - ET then stretches them to a decent size. 

Somethings has changed here - some of my more recent wider (less tall) logos are now tiny as well.

@@Luke - After doing a couple of tests it appears that the logo importer is no longer removing transparent edges like it used to.

I took a regularly sized logo 800x310 and manually cropped the transparent top and bottom (making it 800x110) and now it displays much larger than it was doing.

Here's the example logos:

post-64-0-66279800-1562168003_thumb.png

post-64-0-13922900-1562168014_thumb.png

The original (800x310) looks like this:

5d1ccbf3da2e3_Screenshot68.png

And the cropped (800x110) version looks like this:

5d1ccc1a2a388_Screenshot70.png

Previously (a week or two ago) the original version would have looked as large as the cropped one because the server was automatically cropping away transparent edges.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 2

playloud

So at the moment, we should crop the logo as close as possible, even it is just transparent edges being trimmed?

AdrianW

So at the moment, we should crop the logo as close as possible, even it is just transparent edges being trimmed?

Yes, top and bottom at least - I don't think cropping the sides will make it display larger.

AdrianW

The server will already do this on the fly.

But, that's the whole point of my post (#5) - it has stopped doing it on the fly.

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

Seems to be working fine here in my testing.

I wonder if it's related to local metadata - I'm still using metabrowser, so all my logos are local and stored with the videos.

(The examples of cropped and non-cropped are attached to post #5.)

AdrianW

Has something else changed with the logos? Now logos are right up against the left edge of the screen with no apparent padding.

There's some small changes to the header but I pushed a fix to give them a little padding. thanks.