Play videos and photos together in mixed content folders

lejared

MBSki
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

What happens when you try?

@Luke Nothing. Are you saying that it works for you? If so, on what platform? Web, Xbox, and Android Mobile don't do anything. If you think it's enabled, then it's broken on all those platforms.

MBSki
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

You're able to see a thumbnail from the video as part of the photo slideshow.

Yea, exactly, it's just a thumbnail that doesn't do anything. It's supposed to be able to play. It's useless if a video can't be played in a slide show.

• Like 1

MBSki

@Luke I appreciate the response, but that's kind of the boiler plate answer. Can you please commit to this? This is an EXTREMELY basic feature that definitely needs to be included for all the platforms. Other than 4k not working on the Xbox, this is now the primary reason I still have Plex installed. I really shouldn't need 2 server apps installed. Can you please address this feature in the near term (1 - 2 months) app updates?  

• Like 1

We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks for your feedback.

• 1 year later...

Any update on photo/video combined slideshows actually playing the videos too?

I have Emby installed and ready, but this missing feature is the reason my wife won't transition from PLEX!

• Agree 2

lejared

Yes this is really important! We want to view our photos and videos in the same way we are used to on our smart phones for years now. Separating them in a slideshow makes just no sense when you want to watch your family moments. 

• Agree 1