Add a collection View: All videos (TV and Movies mixed)

jackandjohn

jackandjohn

Trying to find the right fit for the Start Trek universe, and it feels right to have all movies/episodes in a collection

I would like a view of that collection that is

• visually the same as a playlist (Shows the video, not the season or series)
  • mixes movies and episodes together
  • is sorted by item release date

This would allow for watching in the order intended.

Events such as; the destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek Generations preceding the Deep Space 9 crossover (S04E01) where Worf shows up and the destruction of the Enterprise is discussed.

This view would also be a great help to those who watch through the (arguably more massive) Marvel Cinematic Universe

post-430583-0-59554400-1562004742_thumb.png

Edited by jackandjohn

jackandjohn

Hi, then why not just use a playlist?

Same as most: Looking for a more automated way to do it (in my case it’s 518 items),

Plus, it feels right to have them all in a Collection: it displays nice, and is nicely grouped together in the Library for when I want to browse through everything.

Ok, we plan to do smart views/playlists at some point, and i think that would cover this.

• Like 1

jackandjohn

Agreed that smart playlists would cover the essence of what I’m looking for here.

I’d like to suggest being able to make a smart playlist with “is in collection” as a criteria. That way changes to the collection would reflect in the playlist automatically.