Failure to Tune and Release.

Sammy

Sammy

Win7 Server 4.1.1.0
AndroidTV Beta 1.7.33g

AndroidTV Log Sent just now. User TVTime

Server logs forthcoming.

All I get is a spinner and my HDHomeRun GUI shows several attempts to tune with disconnects.

Trying to play or record Local LiveTV. It works on my other machine running the beta server BTW.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Is there's a tuner failure then with the next release you shouldn't have to kill the process anymore.

• Like 1

Sammy

Is there's a tuner failure then with the next release you shouldn't have to kill the process anymore.

So it is a tuner failure? I notice that there was a notification that Emby could not run the check for updates because of inadequate space on my SSD K: Emby Data Drive. I think this is because the temp transcode directory was full up while these tuners were locked on. How long do you think it'll be before the beta server rolls to stable? Should I switch now? Thanks.

Well i'm just saying that if there is a failure, you won't need to forcefully restart the server anymore.

Sammy

Thanks, @@Luke

I've never had a tuner failure before so I thought maybe it was an issue with the latest AndroidTV Beta and LiveTV. For whatever reason I've found several recordings have gone to this data drive when they should be going to my other SSD Recording Drive. I think that something happened where the transcode folder filled up and caused a few issues. I need to move these recordings where they belong and check my recording drive settings as they should not have landed on this drive at all. I'll monitor and report back if any other issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Sammy

Just reporting back that I haven't had Emby lock up with a hold on HDHomeRun tuners since I reported this.