Same movie - different qualities question (need help I am Stumped

LoganSpragg

LoganSpragg

Hey guys,

Hopefully i describe this well enough. I have The Dark Knight for an example that I have both a 1080p version and a 4K version. I have these named as follows on the hard drive. 

1080p version is: Movies > D > The Dark Knight (2008) > The Dark Knight (2008) - 1080p > and then the MKV file and all the nfo ect that emby puts in it. 

4K version is: Movies > D > The Dark Knight (2008) > The Dark Knight (2008) - 4K > and then the MKV file and all the nfo ect that emby puts in it. 

I believe this is the correct way to do the folders as followed by the wiki. My question is as follows:

When I go onto the app via my iPhone/iPad/AppleTV, the movies are there but they are seperate. On my friends Nvidia Shield he has the same as above but they are both under 1 "Poster" then has a drop down menu to select which version he wants to watch. He also has this ability on the iPad (i believe). 

So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible to have these under the one poster when on the AppleTv and the apps?

Thanks for your help, sorry if this has been asked already!

Edited by LoganSpragg

Hi there, what version of Emby Server? Where exactly are they separate in the mobile apps?

LoganSpragg

Unsure if photo attached, but they are seperate in the Movie folder when on the app, I select movies and scroll down and they are two seperate movies. So really it looks like I have double ups and you can only tell a difference when you go into the movie and see the movies info. 1 says 4K HEVC, other says 1080P

LoganSpragg

so the one on the left is 1080p and the one on the right is 4K exact same movies just quality difference

post-297905-0-78765900-1561862231_thumb.png

Can you show me the exact file names in the folder? Or perhaps a screenshot of the complete folder contents? Thanks.

Shouldn't both MKV files be in the "The Dark Knight (2008)" folder but named how you named those separate sub-folders?

LoganSpragg

Awesome that has worked for the iPad iPhone and Mac but not the AppleTV. Where can you look for the other version on that? I am only able to view the 1080p version, there is no dropdown menu available

Currently with the apple tv app you have to use the more menu to customize audio and subtitles. 

We are working on making this consistent with our other apps though. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

LoganSpragg

Yeah I did decide to look there and it worked so Yes it did! Awesome stuff thank you