How to troubleshoot DLNA?

Delphi

Delphi

Can anyone give any steps for troubleshooting DLNA? I have a LG TV that does not work with the current DLNA profile provided for LG TV and would love to get it working correctly, it always returns with "The File is Invalid." any help would be great...

Logs

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27235337/server-63536513491.txt

Fiddler Logs [raw format]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27235337/fiddler.rar

Edit: Added fiddler logs...

Edited by Delphi
  • Like 2

Smaky

+1 A brief introduction on how to debug would let some of us contribute better.

• Like 2

derden

yeah would be really nice....

but perhaps this can help someone, thats how i got my sony BRAVIA KDL-55W805A working (I got internal error 500):

have a look at the mediainfo of the file you want to Play.

in my case most were .mkv, video-codec h264, audio-codec dca

then go to the dlna Settings in the correct Profile. if you don't know it have a look at the logs after a failed try. and search ie "bravia".

in my case i find in the log: Dlna: Found matching device profile: Sony Bravia (2013)

in the direct Play Settings go to the correct Container, ie mkv.

there you see Video "h264,mpeg4,vp8" so that is ok.

Audio "ac3,eac3,aac,mp3,mp2,pcm,vorbis", here we miss dca, so I just added it and now every movie with h264 and dca Plays perfectly! :)

one sidenote: i'm on Version 3.0.5256.36270 i think this a dev build. don't know if that changes anything...

cu

den

Edited by derden

Smaky

In my case I am having issues with containers already setup in the Directplay settings. MKVs with H264 and AAC audio are in my profile but for some reason they are not recognized by the player, I see transcoding being fired and the player (PowerDVD) fails mentioning the format is not supported.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

So I thought that maybe Google had been tracking me and catered the results to land me here so I checked other search engines and the string "trouble shoot dlna" lands you here on every one of them.

Now if there were some pointers here to start with, that'd be awesome, lol.

4 hours ago, GregMo said:

So I thought that maybe Google had been tracking me and catered the results to land me here so I checked other search engines and the string "trouble shoot dlna" lands you here on every one of them.

Now if there were some pointers here to start with, that'd be awesome, lol.

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having? Thanks.

Well, as we discussed on another post, playlists cast to DLNA don't work as they should, for one.  The biggest pain I have now is getting it to continuously play.  I have a TV play through the night for noise and only 2-3 times has it played all through the night with a full playlist for it to play on.  I just realized I have DLNA debug logging turned on so I'm going to check it in the morning and see if I can figure out what happens and I'll post here the results.

7 hours ago, GregMo said:

Well, as we discussed on another post, playlists cast to DLNA don't work as they should, for one.  The biggest pain I have now is getting it to continuously play.  I have a TV play through the night for noise and only 2-3 times has it played all through the night with a full playlist for it to play on.  I just realized I have DLNA debug logging turned on so I'm going to check it in the morning and see if I can figure out what happens and I'll post here the results.

Hi there, what tv are you trying to play to?

dansblackcat

I think I'm having similar issues.  I have a 2013 Sony Bravia in my bedroom.  I use it to play random episodes for an hour while I doze off.  For the week I can't get it to play a single 20 minute episode with out stopping numerous times.  I get an error (from memory) "playback not available".  If I back out of the episode and select it again it plays from where it stopped.

I'm not casting to the TV,  just playing with the TV's built in player.

I also have the exact same tv in my gym that's also started having the same issue.

Edited by dansblackcat

dansblackcat

I'm not home right now but I'm almost positive that it has the Opera store.  The model is KDL-32W670A 

2 minutes ago, dansblackcat said:

I'm not home right now but I'm almost positive that it has the Opera store.  The model is KDL-32W670A 

You could try installing the Emby app from there.

dansblackcat

I don't recall ever seeing an emby app in there but I haven't looked for ages.

I've always just used the emby icon that pops up in the main menu once it connects to the emby dlna server.

Thanks, Luke.

dansblackcat
5 hours ago, Luke said:

You could try installing the Emby app from there.

Opera Store is no longer available on my tv(s) anymore it would appear.

The dlna had been pretty much working perfectly up until very recently.

dansblackcat

I've attached a log.  Had the same issue last night at about 10:40pm.  Episode played for 4 minutes then I got the "playback not available" error.

I started playing it again and it and it stopped again a short time later.

embyserver-63737746268.txt

On 10/2/2020 at 5:44 AM, dansblackcat said:

Opera Store is no longer available on my tv(s) anymore it would appear.

The dlna had been pretty much working perfectly up until very recently.

Do you have the Vewd store? That's what Opera got rebranded to.

dansblackcat
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you have the Vewd store? That's what Opera got rebranded to.

From what I can tell Sony discontinued Vewd on my tv, 25th Jun 2019.  It's certainly not on here.  All I have is the sony entertainment network menu, and a small handful of apps I that.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:59 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, what tv are you trying to play to?

Both TVs are connected to Raspberry PI units, same OS, same Kodi install, etc.  The one that doesn't has issues is still working great.  The other one is still hit or miss, mostly miss.  Last night, I had it working and in the web app hit 'stop' and then clicked on an earlier title and it just played the one.  Took half a dozen attempts to get it to play the next title again.

21 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok we're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

Well, let me know if I can test for you.  This is irritating to the extreme.

I do believe from some observations that Emby is losing track of what it's playing.  Just now clicked on a title to be played and it did but when I went to the dashboard nothing showed under active devices.  The thing is, too, that under activity it didn't show that the title was played.  I've noticed similar issues with the activity when it doesn't play the next title in a playlist.

And some more info...  I played with trying to get emby to show what it was playing in the dashboard half a dozen times.  Tried refreshing the page, going to home page first and then to playlist, and even restarted the emby server.  Nothing at all worked UNTIL I left the playlist and just played a movie.  I then went back to the playlist and it showed it was playing the title I clicked on and even showed it correctly when it stopped playing.  Unfortunately it still didn't play the next title.