Safe to dump the cache (periodically)?

riothamus

riothamus

Hi all.

I have had the same Emby server running for well over a year now.  I've noticed that sometimes when I click on a letter in any of my media libraries (which are all from different directories) sometimes the images wil not show, or the server will hang trying to filter down to my selection.  Every once in a while, when I watch the log during these instances, I do not see any error messages show up.  Instead, the server daemon will restart itself.

Since I have had this running for quite a long time, and I have made additions, removals, and moving some media around, I wonder if perhaps my cache just might have some old/corrupt data in there.  So I was wondering if it was ok to clean out that directory, and if so how often should/could it be done.  I understand that new searches might take a while as it gets repopulated, but I only have my family using it so I'm not overly concerned with performance impact on this.  Is this something that can be safely done on a monthly or a semi-annual basis?

Thanks all!

Hi, yes it is. The server will already delete cache files older than 30 days.

riothamus

Ok.  Thanks Luke.  Since it's already cleaning itself out every thirty days, I must have something else going on then.  I'll investigate further.