EMBY EPG won’t auto update

gtuf1

I’m having to go into Emby every day and click update for the guide to refresh. Is there a way to make this go automatically?

arrbee99

Far as I know, if you're using v4 of NextPVR and its plugin, its generally good to set NextPVR to update once a day whenever you fancy and Emby to do the same maybe 20 minutes later. In Emby go to the Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks > Live TV, click on the clock thing next to Refresh Guide and add a Task Trigger.

emveepee

I wrote a utility that you can use to trigger the update after NextPVR's EPG scan is finished.

Martin

I’m having to go into Emby every day and click update for the guide to refresh. Is there a way to make this go automatically?

Hi there @@gtuf1 have you explored Emby Server's scheduled tasks ?

Heuer

I noticed my guide had not updated and it runs out this coming Monday. Running the Emby scheduled task made no difference but then I checked NPVR and for some reason it was not updating. I forced a NPVR guide update, manually ran Emby guide update and everything is back to normal. No idea why NPVR hung.

emveepee

I noticed my guide had not updated and it runs out this coming Monday. Running the Emby scheduled task made no difference but then I checked NPVR and for some reason it was not updating. I forced a NPVR guide update, manually ran Emby guide update and everything is back to normal. No idea why NPVR hung.

That would be unrelated to the op's issue.  If you it happens again post on the NextPVR forums with your NextPVR logs.

Martin

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
veletron

Hi @@emveepee

Is it possible to obtain a copy of your utility - I am having issues with a spinning circle in emby when scheduling apparently due to a miss-match between Emby and NextPVR's guide data. Sounds like your utility could fix this?

Nigel

Hi @@emveepee

Is it possible to obtain a copy of your utility - I am having issues with a spinning circle in emby when scheduling apparently due to a miss-match between Emby and NextPVR's guide data. Sounds like your utility could fix this?

Nigel

Even without the utility if you just update the schedule settings for both apps for when they refresh their data, you should be fine.

emveepee

Hi @@emveepee

Nigel

If Luke's suggestion doesn't work for you let me know.

Martin