72 replies to this topic

#1 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts
  • Local time: 11:51 PM

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:12 PM

Version 1.7.32 introduces a few interesting items that will need to be tested.

1) Zoom modes are now available on the Fire platform

In order to do this the number of zoom modes has been reduced from four to three.  Now, instead of both horizontal stretch and vertical stretch, there is just "Stretch".  This will stretch the video to fill the screen shape in whichever direction(s) are necessary.  No real functionality should have been lost here as it is just a simplification.  Still works for my 2.35 CIH setup.

2) Favorite and Unwatched filters are now available in the Season view

You can now filter the episodes in this view by favorite, unwatched or both.  This is actually a precursor for the next item...

3) There is now an "All Episodes" item in the list of seasons for TV Series. 

This allows you to bring up all episodes for the series regardless of season and - due to the above - filter by favorite or watched status and then play all or shuffle from there.  This is especially useful for non-sequential series like "Through the Wormhole" or "30 for 30".

Please post issues you find in here.

Thanks!

• shorty1483 likes this

#2 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15016 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

Version 1.7.32 introduces a few interesting items that will need to be tested.

3) There is now an "All Episodes" item in the list of seasons for TV Series.

This allows you to bring up all episodes for the series regardless of season and - due to the above - filter by favorite or watched status and then play all or shuffle from there. This is especially useful for non-sequential series like "Through the Wormhole" or "30 for 30".

Please post issues you find in here.

Thanks!

No issues, but it took a while to find where you had to navigate to, to display all episodes in all seasons, as it wasn't obvious.

#3 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

No issues, but it took a while to find where you had to navigate to, to display all episodes in all seasons, as it wasn't obvious.

Even when I stated where it was in the item you quoted...? :)

There is now an "All Episodes" item in the list of seasons for TV Series.

#4 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15016 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Even when I stated where it was in the item you quoted...? :)

Yes, as it's not obvious.

Take THE BIG BANG THEORY, it has 13 seasons, so the option is on the far right (14th) tile, so not obvious.

Needs to be put at the beginning of the season list IMO.

Just because you designed it, it doesn't mean that it's correct.

You're always for making things obvious, but in this instance, it's not.

Just saying :)
  • cayars likes this

#5 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3892 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

Yes, as it's not obvious.

Take THE BIG BANG THEORY, it has 13 seasons, so the option is on the far right (14th) tile, so not obvious.

Needs to be put at the beginning of the season list IMO.

Just because you designed it, it doesn't mean that it's correct.

i would agree with that. If you are going to have all episodes it should be first in the list
  • CBers likes this

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

You're always asking for documentation and I gave it to you and you didn't read it...

Just saying :)  That's not unusual at all.  People tend not to read instructions which is yes, why I like to make things obvious.

In this case, this feature is not something that will be used most of the time.  Therefore, I don't think it necessarily warrants "in your face" placement.

The only time this feature is very useful is for non-sequential series and those are definitely a minority.  So I chose at the end of the list (out of the way) instead of at the beginning where it would be in the way most of the time.

#7 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15016 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

You're always asking for documentation and I gave it to you and you didn't read it...

FFS!

Scrolling over fourteen seasons is too far to have to go to get to a new option. No matter what you wrote, it obviously wasn't clear enough, was it!

Either make it more obvious, or just remove the option altogether.

:rolleyes:

#8 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

Either make it more obvious, or just remove the option altogether.

Just because it is new doesn't mean it should be right up front.

This item will never be used on 80-90% of series.  Therefore, one should not have to navigate around it all the time.

Not everything can or should be first.

#9 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3892 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:44 PM

Just because it is new doesn't mean it should be right up front.

This item will never be used on 80-90% of series.  Therefore, one should not have to navigate around it all the time.

Not everything can or should be first.

no its not cos its new it should up front, its because its common sense for it to be up front.

but again this seems like an answer to a question no-one asked, what was the thinking of the person that requested it?

• CBers and cayars like this

#10 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2961 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

Could you not implement a wraparound ? i.e. clicking left from Seaon One takes you to All Episodes ?

#11 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2961 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

And 1.7.28 had 'Move clock with other header items on home screen'. Doesn't seen to be working in .32 (and previously I think).

#12 neik OFFLINE  

neik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 AM

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:52 AM

Regarding #3:

It is a nice a idea but I have to agree with the others, it is kind of misplaced right now, it should be at the very beginning.

CBers, just brought up TBBT (which btw. has 12 seasons and not 13) but think about "The Simpsons", it is around 30 seasons and believe me no one would ever scroll that far just to see that new feature.

Ebr, does this have any kind of influence on this: https://emby.media/c...-12#entry747607 ?

but again this seems like an answer to a question no-one asked, what was the thinking of the person that requested it?

I know this from feature from the time I used to use KODI.

Ebr, regarding point #1: Thanks for this! 4:3 media can now be stretched to 16:9, the next step would be give us the option to always stretch 4:3 to 16:9 without having to always change this manually.

All in all, a nice step forward. :-)

It is a nice a idea but I have to agree with the others, it is kind of misplaced right now, it should be at the very beginning.

CBers, just brought up TBBT (which btw. has 12 seasons and not 13) but think about "The Simpsons", it is around 30 seasons and believe me no one would ever scroll that far just to see that new feature.

Edited by neik, 29 June 2019 - 10:16 AM.

#13 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

What is the use-case for this view for a "normal" series?

Is it really going to be so used that it should be the first option with regards to Series?

That is the question I have.  I anticipate, by putting it first, most people will say "why do I have this 'All Episodes' thing first in my list of seasons?  I don't need this for most of my TV series.  Why do I have to go past it to get to the actual seasons?".

We try to position items based on how often they will be used to reduce the necessary click count most of the time.  So, that is the real question here...

#14 vdatanet OFFLINE  

vdatanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 AM
  • LocationCalafell, Spain

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

What is the use-case for this view for a "normal" series?

Is it really going to be so used that it should be the first option with regards to Series?

That is the question I have.  I anticipate, by putting it first, most people will say "why do I have this 'All Episodes' thing first in my list of seasons?  I don't need this for most of my TV series.  Why do I have to go past it to get to the actual seasons?".

We try to position items based on how often they will be used to reduce the necessary click count most of the time.  So, that is the real question here...

I agree, I think I'll never use this option, so I'd prefer it to be at the end. If someday I need it, which I doubt, I know it is in the end.

• jhoff80 likes this

#15 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2961 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:04 PM

I agree, I think I'll never use this option, so I'd prefer it to be at the end. If someday I need it, which I doubt, I know it is in the end.

Also think it should be at the end.

Like I said, if people are that desperate, enable a left click to wrap around to it. If not, I don't find holding down the right click for two seconds to get to the far right that exhausting.

• jhoff80 likes this

#16 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3892 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:20 AM

I agree I think I’d never use this option, I’m not sure why it’s there in the first place.

#17 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3892 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:27 AM

Can an example be given of a non sequential series? I still don’t understand the use case.

One possible example I could think of is Louis Theroux where the episodes are all individual documentaries and don’t need to be watched in sequence. But every episode is shown as being in one season, season one. So this can’t be a problem. If you want all episodes so you can just pick one at random, well you can already do that can’t you?

Just because kodi had it doesn’t make it worthwhile

#18 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:02 PM

Can an example be given of a non sequential series? I still don’t understand the use case.

... This is especially useful for non-sequential series like "Through the Wormhole" or "30 for 30".

Both of the above examples have multiple seasons but each episode is completely independent of each other and there is no relevance to the sequence they aired in.  Another good example could be nightly talk shows like The Tonight Show or even SNL.

So, if my daughter says "Let's watch a Through the Wormhole episode" I can now bring up a single screen, filter by unwatched and we can see all of them and choose one that is interesting.  Before we would have had to troll through seven different views to try and do this.  It is a rare case but a unified view is very useful in those cases.

#19 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15016 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:41 PM

@ebr

What is the DD+ 7.1 workaround in v1.7.33 please?

#20 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

@ebr

What is the DD+ 7.1 workaround in v1.7.33 please?

It solves the issue of those items stuttering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users