8 replies to this topic

#1 snaitaz OFFLINE  

snaitaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Local time: 10:34 AM

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:40 PM

Good Day...Yesterday, I installed the beta version .19 on box1 and it installed flawlessly. Box1 already had the stable version installed and the beta version connected to the libraries automatically. I checked on the dashboard to make sure I was looking at the beta version and I was.

Today I installed the latest beta version .20 on box2 which also had the stable version on it. For whatever reason beta did not connect to the libraries on this box. It acted as if this was the first install (I know it is) and proceeded to ask me the questions you encounter on a first install. So what happened? Was the first install a fluke and I was supposed to go through the installation process as on box2?

If so then that means I need to add the media libraries or can I just move/copy over the library.dbf.? Help is needed because I am at a loss on what happened. TIA Cheers...

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131247 posts
  • Local time: 11:34 AM

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

Hard to say. Sounds like it was installed to the wrong place.

#3 snaitaz OFFLINE  

snaitaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

Thats what I thout too but on box1 I installed it from my downloads folder which is the same place on box2.

Programdata and system folders are within C:\Users\erika\Downloads\embyserver-win-x64-4.2.0.19\embyserver-win-x64-4.2.0.19 which is the same for box2 except it has the newer .20 version.

Edited by snaitaz, 25 June 2019 - 02:54 PM.

#4 snaitaz OFFLINE  

snaitaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

I will move the zip file to program files (64bit) folder and install from there

#5 snaitaz OFFLINE  

snaitaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:14 PM

Well now it looks like I am stuck on 4.1.1.0. No matter what I try to do box2 will not recognize that the beta is also installed. When I launch MB icon it brings up the stable version. I am going to change the port setting to see if that helps since both are most lokely on 8096. Cheers...

#6 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 14686 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

I am a little confused are you referring to versions installed with the installer or portable versions?

#7 snaitaz OFFLINE  

snaitaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:55 PM

Hello Happy...I didn't see an installer for the latest beta version just a 7Z file. I took this file and extracted it into the named in post 3 above. From there I executed the embyserver.exe file and the next screen brought up the old version 4.1.1.0. I restarted the machine then restarted MB server but it still is bringing up the old version. I also changed the port for the beta version to 8098 and opened that up as well but no joy. Seems like I am stuck on 4.1.1.0. Suggestions? TIA

#8 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 14686 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

I have had the wrong version start on my test machine on the first launch but never after closing and relaunching.  (Installed version and multiple portables)

But if you are getting the zip file you need to extract the system folder to the exact same location as your previous install.

The stable and beta installer are located on the Download page.

5d1280ea370a4_page.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play, 25 June 2019 - 04:18 PM.

• snaitaz likes this

#9 snaitaz OFFLINE  

snaitaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Hey Happy...Thanks for the assistance. I obviously overlooked the "Beta Channel" reference and dl'd the zip file instead. It is back up and connected. One question I do have is that I thought at some point during the install the user had a choice of changing the port. I didn't see that opportunity come up. So as I said previously I went and added a firewall rule for a different port for the Beta install but still it was pulling up the old version. I may try to install the old version on my test machine as it only has the Beta for now but I would like to know if there is some other method by which to run multiple versions by changing the port. Any information on this would be appreciated. TIA. Cheers mate...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users