Path disapper!

Polonha
Go to solution Solved by Polonha,

Polonha

help. I can add a library that stays in /home/patrick/owncloud/data/admin/files/emby, but when I'm going to add the library inside the emby(pic 1), and I get into the / date folder, the path disappears! (As if it did not exist) (pic 2) 

5d12468f3ac74_5ad34aef6932c_emby.png

5d12469ee243f_Capturar.png

How to solve? It even works but only once.Then it disappears. 

Do you think it could be something with folder permissions? (I'm using Owncloud together)

Hi, we should improve the user interface here, but yes this is most likely due to permissions. Can you please attach the emby server log? Then we can confirm this. Thanks !

• Like 1

• Solution
Polonha

It will not be necessary! I got it sorted!

I even figured the problem was permissions, so I put the command in root mode #:

ls -l /home/patrick/owncloud/data

Both the owner and group of the "/ data" folder were the "www-data" (apache group if I'm not mistaken), I could easily resolve giving the property rights to the user "emby", but in my case, for the owncloud to continue working correctly I could not remove these "www-data" rights, so I simply added the user "emby" to the "www-data" with the command below:

Sudo adduser emby www-data

Really this does not seem very safe, but since it is a local movie server, I do not think it has problems...

It Works! Thanks for reply :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Stlk filmes

I even figured the problem was permissions, so I put the command in root mode #:

Both the owner and group of the "/ data" folder were the "www-data" (apache group if I'm not mistaken), I could easily resolve giving the property rights to the user "emby", but in my case, for the owncloud to continue working correctly I could not remove these "www-data" rights, so I simply added the user "emby" to the "www-data" with the command below:

Really this does not seem very safe, but since it is a local movie server, I do not think it has problems...

Boa noite meu amigo, estou com o mesmo problema, criei o disco virtual sincronizado com minha conta google drive equipe sendo que nao acho para colocar na biblioteca do emby. se puder ajudar agradeço

Stlk filmes

Thanks for the feedback !

Good night my friend, I created a virtual disk with the rclone brownser, so far so good the problem is that at the time of putting in the emby library does not appear. for example / home / stlk / gdrive in emby only appears / home / stlk the gdrive folder does not appear, if you can help thank emby says you have to allow access in storege

Stlk filmes

Good morning friends, I have the same problem, I created virtual disk in rclone browser and in the time to put the folder with videos in the emby library it does not appear and shows a message (For Linux in Arch Linux, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse or Ubuntu, you must allow the Emby user to have at least read access to your disk.) How to solve this problem. thankful

shocker

Good morning friends, I have the same problem, I created virtual disk in rclone browser and in the time to put the folder with videos in the emby library it does not appear and shows a message (For Linux in Arch Linux, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse or Ubuntu, you must allow the Emby user to have at least read access to your disk.) How to solve this problem. thankful

Seems to be a permission issue try this:

1. chown -R emby:emby /path/to/your/folder

if it's still not working:

cd /path/to/your/folder

find . -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;

if it's still not working try
chmod -R 777 /path/to/your/folder

I personally don't use rclone as I have everything stored locally but the permissions are permissions :) 
If it's still not working, provide an error log please

Stlk filmes

rclone works very ez but you have to authorize it with google drive.....Here is my run batch file in Windows 10 

rclone mount --allow-other GDrive:Emby/Videos C:\Users\eodst\Documents\Videos\

My rclone browser is on a VPS with ubuntu 18.04 installed, and the only problem is that I said I can't find the folder when I go to the emby library, I tried the commands my friend sent, but it doesn't work.

EODCrafter

My rclone browser is on a VPS with ubuntu 18.04 installed, and the only problem is that I said I can't find the folder when I go to the emby library, I tried the commands my friend sent, but it doesn't work.

I have no idea what a "rclone browser" is...Sry. Do you have some screen shot or something?

Edited by EODCrafter

Stlk filmes

I have no idea what a "rclone browser" is...Sry. Do you have some screen shot or something?

Rclone is not a browser but a google drive client

Stlk filmes

Good morning, someone here knows how to set up some Google driver client (opendrive, ocamlfuse, rclone or other in linux to associate with emby) if you can help me or join my VPS thank you

EODCrafter

Rclone is not a browser but a google drive client

I know that...you said it was above...Good luck Pal.

Stlk filmes

Good morning everyone, got an easier way, got ftp on the server went to the folder I would like to give permission, right clicked on a list and in the end was giving permission. thank you all

Stlk filmes

Good morning, Lukas, one question, would have programmers (emby) leave the background image automatically instead of having to insert it, many people who open embedding don't know this option to set background image.

Stlk filmes

Meu amigo estou com o mesmo problema, poderia me ajudar!!! estou usando    rclone-browser meus discos estao em   /media/google-equipe

Stlk filmes

Hi, what do you mean? I don't quite understand.

Luke, one question, this Google Drive plug-in on emby-server is just for loading your hard drive or for Google Drive or you can use it to search

EODCrafter

Luke, one question, this Google Drive plug-in on emby-server is just for loading your hard drive or for Google Drive or you can use it to search

Your question makes no sense again.......Please type it in your language then translate it.....