Text show by the image (or photo) server

buysell2555

buysell2555

I have been trying to include a title and description into my home images. I have been able to find that when I open properties->details on windows explorer, and I change the title field - this text is copied into the overview and title fields of the emby metadata. This title, and the date are shown below the images. This is great.

But nothing is shown with the image when I click on it. I just get a slide show of the images without text. Is there a way to show more?

Does anything other than the title field for the windows file affect emby? The title field seems to copy itself into the title and the overview field. 

I would like to keep all my data inside the image file wrapper rather than entered into the emby metadata file. I find that I have to reinitialize the emby metadata file when problems occur. Also, I would like the text data to be portable with the image files themselves.

Thanks 

Hi, yes the slideshow is something that needs to be improved, which we will do in future releases. Thanks.

I find that I have to reinitialize the emby metadata file when problems occur.

What exactly do you mean by this? what metadata file?

buysell2555

Thanks very much for your quick response.

When I have problems with the text specified on the file being shown by emby. Most of the time updating text will work but sometimes nothing I do works. So I need to move my music files, re-scan, delete the metadata file that is left, then move back the music files. 

Doing this means that good information in the emby file is lost with the bad - so I rather have all album info kept with the music files themselves. 

But could you confirm that the only information read from image files comes from the title field of the file?

Thanks 

I thought this was about photo libraries?

In any event after you update the embedded metadata try just running a regular library scan.