Playback Error on Specific Media Only on Web Client

SuperMinecraftKid

SuperMinecraftKid

I have a problem playing a specific show "Ao-chan Can't Study!" when using app.emby.media in a browser. The show plays fine in the apps. Error shown in the screenshot.

4cPpmQpUa4xnM18.png

At first I thought it had something to do with the media so I transcoded an episode (Edit: using handbrake) as a test to have a .mp4 extension. Didnt work unfortunately.

Then I thought it had something to do with the apostrophe or the exclamation mark in the title so I found some other media I had that has an exclaimation mark and/or apostrophe in the title and it played and transcoded without flaw.

I am still somewhat inept at reading logs so I was unable to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated

Log: https://paste2.org/Ff08Ydte

Edited by SuperMinecraftKid

SuperMinecraftKid

Emby is installed on a jail in FreeNAS and I have restarted the jail a few times. Just did a full reboot and still get the playback error

SuperMinecraftKid

Hi there, can you please try rebooting your machine? thanks.

SuperMinecraftKid

I am also having problems playing this show on the Windows 10 Emby Theater app. I'm able to play it just fine on my Android phone

SuperMinecraftKid

Just tried to use emby to convert the show and that "Failed". Forgot to mention in the first post that I transcoded using handbrake for that test.

Just tried to use emby to convert the show and that "Failed". Forgot to mention in the first post that I transcoded using handbrake for that test.

Can you please attach  the server and conversion log from that? thanks !

theghost31

Hi

not really helpful for this issue, but I don't know why yet, with emby web, when I tried to read a movie / episode, which was previously transcoded by Handbrake, it took 20 / 30s to load (spinner) before the start of the movie. With all others files, it took 2 seconds.

With vlc, kodi ect, any problem to read, instant, the file transcoded by Handbrake. Maybe it's a related issue with Handbrake and emby ?

It's was just to inform you @@Luke about it.

Edited by theghost31

Hi

not really helpful for this issue, but I don't know why yet, with emby web, when I tried to read a movie / episode, which was previously transcoded by Handbrake, it took 20 / 30s to load (spinner) before the start of the movie. With all others files, it took 2 seconds.

With vlc, kodi ect, any problem to read, instant, the file transcoded by Handbrake. Maybe it's a related issue with Handbrake and emby ?

It's was just to inform you @@Luke about it.

There's no way to answer that without diving into the details and that's off topic of this particular thread. thanks.

theghost31

Ah sorry for the off topic, I saw Handbrake in the previous comment of the author and playback error on the original thread... My bad

Ah sorry for the off topic, I saw Handbrake in the previous comment of the author and playback error on the original thread... My bad

Not a problem :)

SuperMinecraftKid

Can you please attach the server and conversion log from that? thanks !

I'm currently on a long drive so I'll get it when I'm back in 4-5 hours!

SuperMinecraftKid

Can you please attach  the server and conversion log from that? thanks !

Here's the log: https://pastebin.com/7RMvQ7WH

It ends with "No such file or directory" which led me to believe that it was the special characters in the title causing the problem

SuperMinecraftKid

With a fresh install the media plays fine. :/ I don't really want to configure all those users again though

The same video? It's probably playing without burning in subtitles, and that's why it's working. Why did you reinstall?

SuperMinecraftKid

The same video? It's probably playing without burning in subtitles, and that's why it's working. Why did you reinstall?

I didnt reinstall per se but i just made another emby jail and setup a test library. I have burn subtitles set to auto on both servers. Ill be doing some more tests becuase other shows are giving playback errors too.

Edit: yes the same video

SuperMinecraftKid

I just re-enabled allow subtitle extraction on the fly and some of the shows stopped giving playback errors. However the first show that I mentioned is still giving me a playback error in the browser.

I just re-enabled allow subtitle extraction on the fly and some of the shows stopped giving playback errors. However the first show that I mentioned is still giving me a playback error in the browser.

Yes that is to be expected. We are looking into it. Thanks.

SuperMinecraftKid

I ended up setting up a new emby jail and restoring all except the "System Configuration" in the Backup & Restore plugin. That specific show and others are playing fine now. Is it possible to have the Backup & Restore plugin save the emby connect accounts as well? That was the only thing that was tedious in this process was reattaching all the accounts to their respective emby connect accounts.

Yes it's something we can look at in a future update to the plugin. thanks.

• 3 months later...