Custom XML Files

Smitty018210

Smitty018210

Hello, I'm slowly moving from MB2 to MB3. I still have MB2 on my main machine and WMC and server on my laptop to test feature and what not. One of the reason I havn't moved to MB3 is I've created a ton of custom xml files and for what ever reason they don't work as well on MB3. My question is there a list of tags available in MB3 so I can start to recreate these files?

Unfortunately we don't have documentation about that, although we'd love for a contributor to step up and take on such a project. In the meantime the best thing to do is let us know what you're having trouble with.

Happy2Play

The easiest way would be to take a movie and series, delete the metadata and let MBS refresh the metadata.  Then you will have a movie.xml and series.xml with the majority of the tags MBS provides.

• Like 1

One2Go

I have lots of Folder.xml files, how does MB3 handle these? Under MB2 only very few were handled. Is there a separate XML file for collections, like Indiana Jones?

Smitty018210

Ebr, the custom files are for my wrestling media files and I do not like the way TMDB or TVDB has their info set up, so I decided to make custom xml file for each of my videos. I asked you about this back on the old forum and you said to wait till MB3 was up and running before I finished, and see what new features I might be able to add. I had already created about 100 of these files, but decided to wait to finish my project. I understand that the info might be available at the moment and honestly that's fine. My major problem is that MB3 Keeps refreshing my created XML files for the one from TMDB. I can't seem to find a way to stop it from happening. I changed the library setup from "Movies" to "Home Movie" so they don't show up in my main movies collection. I have the xml files saved as Movie.xlm. Not sure if that makes a difference. I know there is a lock tag, <lock></lock> or something like that. Would that stop MB3 from refreshing info from online?

If you made the items home movies, then they should no longer try and fetch from the internet.

Smitty018210

Awsome I was hoping that's what would happen. Is the folder stucture and file types the same?