Enable audio/subtitle selection

hstamas

hstamas

I’m no sure how this option is supposed to work? Is it only available when you select the context menu “Emby transcode”?

I have lots of my Blu-ray rips set up with multiple audio tracks and subtitles and would like to be able to select which to use before playback starts. I have direct paths set up and thought with the above option enabled, a pop up of some sort would show up allowing me to choose but I don’t see that unless I take the extra step in choosing “Emby transcode”? If this is how it’s supposed to happen, how would that work if you initiate play from the movie details screen?

Angelblue05

@@hstamas

The option is for transcode only. If you do not transcode, then you should be able to switch the audio subtitles track via the Kodi osd options. But the add-on will use the default tracks provided by the server, based on your emby user settings.

• 1 month later...
grouik1er

@@hstamas

The option is for transcode only. If you do not transcode, then you should be able to switch the audio subtitles track via the Kodi osd options. But the add-on will use the default tracks provided by the server, based on your emby user settings.

It don't respect my choice when i sélect an audio/subtitle stream. It always play default

grouik1er

What was your audio choice? It shows it used japanese as the audio language.

I choose french.

This only happen under "Embycon", my audio/subtitle choice is ignored.

I find that it play the first audio track of the mkv, if it's english it play english if 1rst track is french/japanese it play it.

Subtitle choice is ignored instead as well.

i attached a kodi log of a fresh install

with "Emby for kodi" i don't encounter this problem

I'm running last emby beta server 4.3.0.2 behin the synology reverse proxy without websocket header (with websocket on all apple device won't play by webapp)

kodi.log

grouik1er

@@grouik1er

Can you turn on Kodi Debug logging and redo your test, I will need a debug log to try to investigate.

Also can I get a screen shot of the media info from the Web client for the item you are trying to play, the bit at the bottom of the page with all the video, audio and subtitle stream info.

For sure zipped log in attach.

Problem occur when use "http transcode". I use this to play movie outside home on laptop

kodi.log.zip

grouik1er

This should be fixed in the latest EmbyCon Beta version : 1.9.28

NIce work for one movie, others one have demux error now (kodi.log include not debug)

kodi.zip

Edited by grouik1er