Multi-part items

wrkilu

wrkilu

Hi,

I have video files in some folder which are in fact different series files. There are exactly 42 video files but in collection there are only 40 :(

First from below it is but second not.

-rw-r--r-- 1 loocek loocek  63326208 lis  8  2007 'camera.cafe.II.02a.[dvb-RIP.by.Brzydal].(osloskop.net).avi'
-rw-r--r-- 1 loocek loocek  66660352 lis  8  2007 'camera.cafe.II.02c.[dvb-RIP.by.Brzydal].(osloskop.net).avi'

The same here, first it is , second not

-rw-r--r-- 1 loocek loocek 734334976 sty  4  2008  big_cd1.avi
-rw-r--r-- 1 loocek loocek 733626368 sty  4  2008  big_cd2.avi

Why ? I tried everything, rebuilding, recreating from different folder - nothing. I check logs even and what is interesting there isn't completly any information about missing files... like they weren't added or touched at all...

This is Emby Server v.4.1.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.

Deathsquirrel

You say collection but describe a bunch of videos in a common folder.  Those aren't the same thing so we don't understand what you're asking.  You don't give the details of your folder structure and naming either.

That all said,in both the cases above I would expect the two missing videos to be treated as second parts of the first listed video.  They almost certainly aren't missing.  They will autoplay after you get to the end of the first part.

Name your files so Emby can recognize them.  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming

If that's not the problem, provide the info needed to understand your issue.  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

I described in first post which files are missed exactly ;)

Hi, that's not really enough. We need to see context, such as the surrounding files and folders. Thanks.

wrkilu

I was hoping that as Deathsquirrel said next part will be played automatically after first but no. Still these 2 mentioned files are disapeared. (I'm testing on Samsung TV).

So here you are details about that folders and collection:

1. Collection is called "Series" and added as "Home videos and photos" because earlier was as "Movies " and didn't work , now also doesn't work

2. Folders on filesystem are:

/storage/Disk/Series/  ->

First series

here there are these 42 files
      Second series

Third series

Fourth series

.. and any DLNA client see only 40 files

The samsung app hasn't added support for multi-part yet. We will get there, but in the meantime, you'll get a better experience by joining the files. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

wrkilu

But VLC behaves the same and even for both these files, it jumps to next file and ommit big_cd2 or camera.cafe.II.02c.

I understand. We have not yet added it to our Samsung app. Like I said, it will get there.

wrkilu

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm testing Emby from Samsung TV but also from laptop with Linux and VLC. And on that laptop and VLC situation is the same.

wrkilu

Hmm, isn't Emby Server a DLNA server ? ;)

Anyway...in VLC for connect to Emby I use option Playlist -> Local Network -> UPnP , so I'm not sure now whether it connects to Emby via DLNA or UPnP ? Anyway it also doesn't work..

Happy2Play

If I understand this correctly the second half of said file is never played no matter what you try to play it in.  So why not use a program and join these files to totally eliminate the problem.

Emby currently will not show pieces of "Split video files (file stacking)" only the first part.  Don't know how "Split video files (file stacking)" applies in Home Videos, will have to test.

We probably have not implemented multi-part video support in Upnp/Dlna either, sorry. It will get there.

Happy2Play

"Split video files (file stacking)" applies to Home videos & photos libraries.  So you will never truly see the additional part currently.

"Split video files (file stacking)" applies to Home videos & photos libraries.  So you will never truly see the additional part currently.

It applies to all video types. The problem is that it's just not implemented in all apps yet.

wrkilu

Generally you doing great work, Emby is great DLNA server because is nice and light/fast. If you don't have any option for now to disabling treat as multiparted simply please add that option to future list to next versions and thats it. I will upgrade it from time to time and wait for it and thats all. Or fix supporting multiparted files in next realeses (mostly for Samsung TVs ;) ), up to you.

Regards to all

Hmm, isn't Emby Server a DLNA server ? ;)

Not primarily, but we can be if you don't want to use our full capabilities :).

Multi-file items are a rarity these days because it just isn't necessary anymore (there used to be size limits that forced this type of organization).  We highly recommend combining the files.   This is fairly easy to do with a number of tools.

Thanks.

CharleyVarrick

Multi-file items are a rarity these days because it just isn't necessary anymore (there used to be size limits that forced this type of organization).  We highly recommend combining the files.   This is fairly easy to do with a number of tools.

Thanks.

I use AVIDemux to easily and quickly join part A and B of videos (they call it "append"), its compatible with most common video file extensions (.avi, .flv, .mp4, .mkv) and can save (export) to any of those format as well.

The only requirement is files A and B need to be exact same resolution.