23 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

f5593820b487eaf756b8c307f11f5f16.jpgjust to let you know this still not fixed............

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 AM

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:50 AM

Is that where the screen first came up or did you scroll down a little bit after it came up?

#3 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

Is that where the screen first came up or did you scroll down a little bit after it came up?

well this is me at the top of the guide. I’ve either just opened the guide or just finished watching a program from the guide so have quit back to it. No program information remains until I’ve fully scrolled it off screen, then I can go back and it will be populated. Or quit to home then reopen guide. I did see you try to fix it when someone else reported it recently, hence my opening statement

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:06 AM

I’ve either just opened the guide or just finished watching a program from the guide so have quit back to it.

You don't know which situation that image was from?

I would be very surprised if it were upon first opening the guide with the current beta version...

#5 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

I would be very surprised if it were upon first opening the guide with the current beta version...

no because you asked me three days after I posted it.

Ok well if you think you’ve fixed the first example could you now fix the second?

#6 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:37 PM

so i'm going to say that this isnt fixed for the first situation either. just opened the guide on opening the emby app on ATV. i was at channel 160 or something, pressed back to get to the top of the guide and the last two channels out of the 5 that show up say no programme data. perhaps i should have said this before but its always the same two channels. always and only. but again scrolling them off screen and back again fixes it

#7 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:01 PM

i was at channel 160 or something, pressed back to get to the top of the guide 

Okay, that's a different scenario and would fall into the question I asked before about whether this was happening right at open or after you scrolled somewhere.  Pressing back to go to the top is scrolling somewhere :).

Try this:  Do what you just did, but wait about 20 seconds before you press "back" to get to the top.

#8 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:35 PM

Try this:  Do what you just did, but wait about 20 seconds before you press "back" to get to the top.

sorry, no this still isnt working. video evidence available if you want

#9 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

20 seconds may not have been long enough.  Try like a whole minute before you go anywhere - just to see if I'm on the right track.

Thx.

#10 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Okay, that's a different scenario and would fall into the question I asked before about whether this was happening right at open or after you scrolled somewhere.  Pressing back to go to the top is scrolling somewhere :).

sorry, its still a no from me. i'd already allowed it 30 seconds before the prior post. i've now given it 2 mins and it still shows no programme information after pressing back

#11 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

Okay, so it probably isn't a loading of the data issue.

You said it is always these same two channels?  Is there anything different about them?

#12 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

Okay, so it probably isn't a loading of the data issue.

You said it is always these same two channels? Is there anything different about them?

no, not that I can think of. The two channels are in position 4 and 5 of the first screen you would see when opening the guide right at the top

Bbc4, the first, only transmits after 7pm daily but epg is available for the whole time. The second is itv1 the biggest commercial channel in the UK, transmits 24/7. Epg comes from xmltv via xteve and m3u also from xteve. These two streams come from dvbviewer but I don’t think any of this makes any difference. I have used a variety of sources for both epg and m3u and I think I’ve seen this consistently, even when I used the SD epg when it was incorporated into emby

Happy to crate you an account with just access to live tv but I don’t think it’ll show you anything I’m not telling you?

I have a 2nd shield, let me also test on that this evening

#13 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:26 AM

Play channel 101 for a few seconds then back all the way out of Emby and then come back into the guide. This will make the guide start at that first position. Are those two channels still missing their data then?

#14 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

Play channel 101 for a few seconds then back all the way out of Emby and then come back into the guide. This will make the guide start at that first position. Are those two channels still missing their data then?

yes this is fine. but i can recreate the issue i describe every single time across 2 different shields. i'm amazed you can't

#15 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

yes this is fine. 

Sorry, does that mean those two channels did or didn't have data in the scenario I asked you to test?

#16 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:42 PM

Sorry, does that mean those two channels did or didn't have data in the scenario I asked you to test?

they did in the circumstances you outlined, yes

#17 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

Okay, thanks.  I guess PM me some credentials and let me know a time that it is okay to mess around with it.

Thanks.

#18 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:08 AM

Pm sent.anytime over the next week as I am on hols. 

It does seem to be device performance related as I just repeated the same test on my mibox and the whole of the first 5 channels show no program data

#19 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

@ebr, so did you see the issue and have any idea of the cause/fix?

#20 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48178 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, it was a timing issue but not in the area I expected.  It was much deeper in Android rather than the app.

I believe I've made a change that works around it.

Thanks for the testing bed.

• Spaceboy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users