Remote control - audio and subtitles

AntaresFR

AntaresFR

Hi,

I have a quick question concerning remote control of emby for kodi.

In other Kodi client apps, if i remote control them from a phone or emby theather for windows for exemple, I can choose the audio langage and the subtitle to use to play the file;

If I remote controle a device with Emby for Kodi, the app doesn't care of the Audio and Subtitle I choose from the remote app.

Is it a normal thing, is it possible to change a setting to make it like other apps ?

Regards

Angelblue05

Ok I’ll make sure to review this before making a new stable version. Thanks for reporting this.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

AntaresFR

There is also a probleme with the StartPositionTicks which is ignored.

I connect my Emby Web to the Emby on Librelec to remote control it and i'm able to start the movie without problem on the Emby for kodi remotly without problem.

But i'm unable to start with a defined Audio Index or Subtitles Index, or a specific chapter. It always start from 0, without subtitles, in French :)

Regards

More tests, it looks like it takes the user preferences from emby but doesn't care of what we choose frome the remote interface :)

Edited by AntaresFR

AntaresFR

It's not ok for me with 4.1.0

This is what I define in emby web browser on the computer which remote control my kodi :

YH1XiuG.jpg

And this is what I have in Emby for Kodi when i play the file.

OeoV6sV.jpg

Wrong Audio.

And StartPositionTick is always ignored :)

Edited by AntaresFR

Angelblue05

Provide your Kodi log because it works for me and the start position does too. What Kodi version are you using?

Angelblue05

Please retry with 4.1.2. I did find a few things, I hope your issue is resolved now.

AntaresFR

It doesn't work for me :(

Emby for kodi doesn't take care of anything i choose in the web browser from my computer.

It always tooks the user preferences even if i choose another audio track and another subtitle option for a movie.

WDjRtSq.jpg

With those settings, the movie is played in French, without subtitles.

Angelblue05

That’s what I have tested here and it works for me. Please provide an updated Kodi log.

Last time, I did see the audio subs index was not used at all when using the remote control play to but I have since fixed this, at least I don’t see this issue anymore, I started movies with different languages selected and every time it was the one I selected being used, not user preferences.

AntaresFR

Which settings do you have in emby for kodi playback options ?

Maybe it's come from there.

Here I'm able to change subtitles from a rest api client, but every index i put for Audio is ignored.

Angelblue05

Addon playback, force http is disabled.

I don’t transcode, that one might not work, but it will reask you your selection before starting playback.

AntaresFR

Here is a log :
http://paste.kodi.tv/yavirojuno.kodi
I think something is ignoring the audio selection.
On line 39 we can see AudioStreamIndex': 4 which correspond to the English DTS track, it's my selection, but on line 90 I can see 'AudioStreamIndex': 1

I just started the movie from the web interface then I advance a little in the video to check the langage. I did'nt change anything in playback manually and the AudioStreamIndex has changed compared to what I asked when I started the movie.

I made some new test from a Rest client,

I launch a single post request to play a file with a defined audio index and defined subtitle index. If i play 10 times the same request, sometimes i have the good subtitles, sometimes i don't have them.

I send exactly same request to Emby on the Shield session and all is working fluently

Edited by AntaresFR

Angelblue05

I don’t believe the switch is done by the add-on. Otherwise it would be reflected in the play info when starting playback. I don’t see that log line for the audio switch when the addon does switch this.

Do you have Kodi setup to try and match your audio preferences? Another add-on?

Are the subtitles external? Kodi Leia has had issue displaying subtitles but that has nothing to do with the add-on, as long as the urls used are indeed correct.

AntaresFR

I dont have any other add-on. I tried on shield and on Librelec, same problem on the two. Not able to get the right audio track, and sometimes good subtitles, sometimes no subtitle.

SZb2XFg.jpg

0cOGBLB.jpg

Angelblue05

When you say no subtitles, when you open the video audio settings via osd, does it show no subtitles selected? Because if it is selected and not displaying, it’s not the same as simply not displaying.

• Like 1

AntaresFR

Ok i tried, so when i have no subtitle, it takes the "forced one" from the movie in place of the external i choose.

It's External subtitle where i have problem but the problem is worse than expected for me.

I send multiple times the same rest request from a rest client :

it's a post request 

https://<ip>:<port>/Sessions/<session>/Playing?ItemIds=2343&PlayCommand=PlayNow&StartPositionTicks=5610000000&MediaSourceId=<mediaid>&AudioStreamIndex=4&SubtitleStreamIndex=-1&api_key=<apikey>

So with this request i expect English DTS (AudioStreamIndex : 4) and no subtitle (SubtitleStreamIndex : -1)

I tried to launch this request many times. Each time the movie start right, at the correct StartPositionTicks.

I never get the English DTS, always French DTS (AudioStreamIndex : 0).

I never been able to get no subtitle, I always get French External (SubtitleStreamIndex : 6)

I changed the request query param SubtitleStreamIndex to 5 (English External)

I sometimes have English External subtitle as expect (SubtitleStreamIndex : 5)

I sometimes have Force subrip one (SubtitleStreamIndex : 2)

:huh:  :ph34r:  :wacko:

I didn't change naything between requests. I click send from the rest client, movie start, i checked subtitle and audio, stop movie and redo the operation.

Same request on Emby session, not the Emby for Kodi one, never failsa single time.

I think there is something somewhere in kodi on in the addon.

Edited by AntaresFR

Angelblue05

The way the addon setups audio subs, it writes it in the myvideosxx.db settings table. What would be interesting to see is the value added to the database, if they are correct.

Edit: I think I saw something in your logs. Will keep you posted.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@AntaresFR

There's no fix in 4.1.3. I dug in deeper and saw weird behavior. I am not sure if it's Kodi related. It does seem to completely ignore the setup in database. When direct playing, everything seems to work as intended, but with force http enabled, it seems Kodi sometimes cannot find the correct database entry and load the correct setup for audio and subs. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

AntaresFR

I'm sure we will find !

How can i force direct playing ? I just want to be able to play a file with the audio and sub i choosed from the web interface.

Just to  help you to search for things !

Regards

Edited by AntaresFR
  • Like 1