7 replies to this topic

#1 bitteronthefruit OFFLINE  

bitteronthefruit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 04:21 PM

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

It would be great if there was a way in the emby dashboard settings to assign a 4-digit pin code for parental controls. Then that code could be assigned to specific channels. Then if anybody in the library (using the apps) tries to access those channels they are promoted for a password. You can choose what channels to add and what not to, in the guide data where you map the channels. Just give a box to click like (add parental control) and it would assign the pin request to THAT channel.

Unless this already exists?

This same code could also exist on shows or movies you assign the controls to.

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47572 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 PM

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Hi.  Our parental controls are designed around our user system.  You can give a rating to your channels and they will only show up for users that are allowed to view that rating or below.

The only potential issue in the case of channels may be that some situations may cause this rating to be overwritten.

Parental controls

#3 Jibest OFFLINE  

Jibest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 PM

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:16 AM

Hi.  Our parental controls are designed around our user system.  You can give a rating to your channels and they will only show up for users that are allowed to view that rating or below.

The only potential issue in the case of channels may be that some situations may cause this rating to be overwritten.

Parental controls

Can you explain how the TV Guides work regarding parental controls? In my "Kids" account all the channels show up and appear to be accessible but a lot of guide data is missing?

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47572 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:46 AM

Can you explain how the TV Guides work regarding parental controls? In my "Kids" account all the channels show up and appear to be accessible but a lot of guide data is missing?

Did you give your channels a rating using the metadata editor?

#5 Jibest OFFLINE  

Jibest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

No I've not done that yet.

I would have assumed the parental rating on the channel would determine if the channel could be loaded?

Instead are the shown programmes in the guide ones that have been rated at Gb-U whereas the gaps in the guide have different ratings?

Would giving a channel a rating override programme ratings in the guide data?

As I say, not really sure how it's all meant to work?

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47572 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

A channel can have different programs of different ratings at different times.  Emby will respect these ratings and not show these programs but, if you want the whole channel hidden, then you need to give the channel itself a rating above the limit you set.

Does that make sense?

#7 Jibest OFFLINE  

Jibest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:26 AM

A channel can have different programs of different ratings at different times.  Emby will respect these ratings and not show these programs but, if you want the whole channel hidden, then you need to give the channel itself a rating above the limit you set.

Does that make sense?

Hi, tested this out and it works exactly as you say. So in regards to the Guide ratings, there is no way to override them?

For example if I wanted a channel to show all guide listings in the "Kid" profile?

#8 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47572 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

No, there is no practical way to override the ratings of live TV guide programs. (you could edit them every day but I don't consider that practical)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parental controls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users