Unable to Mark Content as Unplayed...

Mychale6563
Go to solution Solved by Mychale6563,

Mychale6563

I am having another new issue... I'm having to completely rebuild my database due to a corrupted database after the 4.1.1.0-1 update. I have to take all the folders off the Synology, remove all the .nfo files from every folder, then re-copy them back over to the synology media library. If I do more than one or two at a time, they will not successfully acquire all the appropriate metadata and cannot be played from any device or even be seen by the Metadata Manager. BUT, as long as I do only one or two at a time, it seems to be working. My NEW problem is that now, for some media, they show as having been played already. No green dot with the number of unplayed episodes available. And when I try to manually mark them as unplayed, the checkmark will turn white, but then instantly revert back to red as if it's already been played. It's doing this for several TV Shows in my library. I can finally SEE all the episodes, but it won't let me mark them as unplayed. Ive tried all the different ways of marking them as unplayed and it's just not working. Anyone have any ideas? How can I make these shows display correctly?

See screenshots below.

post-9748-0-06856100-1560972291_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-82765300-1560972299_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-48155900-1560972307_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-23381000-1560972318_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-19838100-1560972326_thumb.jpg

If I do more than one or two at a time, they will not successfully acquire all the appropriate metadata and cannot be played from any device or even be seen by the Metadata Manager.

Hi there, why do you feel that this is the case? Are you sure it's not just a matter of waiting for the library scan to finish?

Mychale6563

Hi there, why do you feel that this is the case? Are you sure it's not just a matter of waiting for the library scan to finish?

I know the library scan has finished in each case. I actually waited all night last night just to be SURE. Then ran it again this morning to be better safe than sorry. It is really happening. It's been doing all of this crazy stuff regularly since the last update. You've probably seen several of my posts. But the library scans are definitely completing. :-(

Mychale6563

I am having another new issue... I'm having to completely rebuild my database due to a corrupted database after the 4.1.1.0-1 update. I have to take all the folders off the Synology, remove all the .nfo files from every folder, then re-copy them back over to the synology media library. If I do more than one or two at a time, they will not successfully acquire all the appropriate metadata and cannot be played from any device or even be seen by the Metadata Manager. BUT, as long as I do only one or two at a time, it seems to be working. My NEW problem is that now, for some media, they show as having been played already. No green dot with the number of unplayed episodes available. And when I try to manually mark them as unplayed, the checkmark will turn white, but then instantly revert back to red as if it's already been played. It's doing this for several TV Shows in my library. I can finally SEE all the episodes, but it won't let me mark them as unplayed. Ive tried all the different ways of marking them as unplayed and it's just not working. Anyone have any ideas? How can I make these shows display correctly?

See screenshots below.

Does anyone have an update or any ideas regarding this issue?

I know the library scan has finished in each case. I actually waited all night last night just to be SURE. Then ran it again this morning to be better safe than sorry. It is really happening. It's been doing all of this crazy stuff regularly since the last update. You've probably seen several of my posts. But the library scans are definitely completing. :-(

Yes but in your other post, it turned out to be third part plugins as the culprit for your server not loading. Can you please go over an example of this? thanks.

Does anyone have an update or any ideas regarding this issue?

Not sure yet. If you click on the series, do you actually have any playable episodes underneath?

Mychale6563

Not sure yet. If you click on the series, do you actually have any playable episodes underneath?

Hey Luke.... so you are correct about the no playable episodes underneath. Good to know. However, the original issue still remains.... there ARE episodes in the folders but as has been the case lately, EMBY is just not pulling the Metadata for them. It's doing this for multiple shows (No matter how many times I update and refresh the metadata....And I've tried all 3 methods many, many times). And I'm not sure why. I can't seem to find a common denominator. I've removed all but the most rudimentary plugins. And the Metadata is still not being acquired successfully for all media. See screenshots for one of the shows below.

post-9748-0-05127700-1561245261_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-27767700-1561245270_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-97914700-1561245276_thumb.jpg

Mychale6563

Yes but in your other post, it turned out to be third part plugins as the culprit for your server not loading. Can you please go over an example of this? thanks.

Okay... here is what is happening..... multiple issues all wrapped up but I'm pretty sure they are related:

1. The playlists that were available and working disappeared after the last update. 4.1.1.0-1. The playlists' are in the /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists  folder and contain the paths to all the content of the playlist. But they are not showing up in either the web interface, mobile app or via Roku. One of the playlists from before the upgrade (BTU) is actually still visible in the interface, but has only 1 movie left in it (the original playlist had 11 day, 6 hours and 31 minutes of content in it), as if it's been wiped, AND it does NOT appear in the /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists  folder. (see attached playlist screenshots ) As you can see from the screenshots, there are a number of playlists that are listed in the folders, but not displaying in the interface.

2. After the Update (ATU), Metadata on almost every TV Series in one of my Libraries appears to be corrupted. I have done a scan to detect missing metadata to no avail. The TV Shows are visible, however, when you click on them to look at the Seasons and Episodes, they are not showing. For a couple of these shows, I moved the content out of the media server library.... removed all the metadata files, then copied back over to the media server library and rescanned. Two of the shows are now visible, however, another two other shows, I've done the same thing to and they still are not available. The Seasons have just disappeared. (See Metadata screenshots below) You can click on the Next Up video and if you have play episodes automatically enabled, it will play all of the videos. But you can't pick and choose which episodes you want to watch because you can't access the Seasons.

3. If you look at the .nfo files and the directories for the TV Shows that don't show the episodes and then look at the ones that do show, they are very different. All of the Season images are missing and not outlined in the ,nfo file. Where did they go? They were all there and working BTU. It just doesn't make sense. The TV Shows in the current show library are not having this issue. It seems like it's the libraries that don't get the content updated as much. I've tried to find common denominators and have had no success.

All I know is that I've had a stable media server for over 5 years and all of a sudden, everything is going nuts. And the only thing that changed was that last update. But if it were just the update, EVERYONE would be screaming about it. So it makes sense that it's something on my end. But I just can't imagine what. :-( Your help is MUCH appreciated!

post-9748-0-09837200-1561245706_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-85010500-1561245713_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-74263500-1561245721_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-60654000-1561245742_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-53453400-1561245750_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-96795900-1561245763_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-13606200-1561245774_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-95163300-1561245789_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-14756100-1561245798_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-78901100-1561245808_thumb.jpg

The Closer_07x01_Unknown Trouble.nfo

tvshow.nfo

working tvshow.nfo

Mychale6563

Do the seasons show in the metadata manager?

Yes... and so do the episodes.... but they do not show in the EMBY interface....(see screenshots below)

post-9748-0-62101900-1561300557_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-97449200-1561300564_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-75572200-1561300572_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-36793900-1561300580_thumb.jpg

If you click on season 1 in the metadata editor, does it have a season number value filled in? And same question as well for the episode files under season 1. thanks.

Mychale6563

If you click on season 1 in the metadata editor, does it have a season number value filled in? And same question as well for the episode files under season 1. thanks.

The Season number is in the metadata of the Season folder, however, the episodes do not have the season number or the episode number in the metadata (See screenshots below). Is this something that could cause me not to be able to mark them as unplayed?

post-9748-0-39755200-1561668766_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-91194200-1561668773_thumb.jpg

Yes that is the issue here. I'm not sure yet why this is happening given that your nfo files look good to me. What you could try is removing that offending series out of your tv library altogether, then run a full scan to clear it out of the database, and then add it back.

• Solution
Mychale6563

Yes that is the issue here. I'm not sure yet why this is happening given that your nfo files look good to me. What you could try is removing that offending series out of your tv library altogether, then run a full scan to clear it out of the database, and then add it back.

That had to be done to every folder in that Library after that update. So I've already done that once. But I'll try again. :-)

Mychale6563

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Well.... seems like doing it the hard way worked. The metadata appears to be updating as it should now. Thank you for your assistance Luke!!!

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the disruption. I think whatever issue you had is likely related to the 3.X -> 4.0 upgrade.