Multiple login requests?

taelor

taelor

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been asked and answered. I searched the forums for a few hours, looked at the wiki, but I'm still not sure how to fix this (I'm sure its me). I just downloaded Emby two days ago and started working with it (trying to get away from Plex), and I love it so far. The only actual problem I'm having is that every time I open Kodi, it asks me to log in to the server (which is on the same machine). If I do the username and password, it will tell me it's invalid, if I cancel, the window pops up again asking for login, and then if I cancel again, it goes away and *voila* I was connected all along. Everything is fine and all the libraries are connected and working. I have embycon and emby for kodi both installed (going around different forums I couldn't tell if I needed both or could choose just one), so maybe one is duplicating the login the other already knows about?

I have the username and password stored in Kodi along with the IP of the server (I left the name blank, but I was wondering if I should add that?), and everyone seems to be happily communicating with the exception of the login demand every time I start Kodi. Is there a setting in Kodi that's forcing the duplicate login demand? I haven't come across anything that looks like it would cause that, but it keeps happening. I'll be happy to post a log, if need be, but this seemed a like a fairly straightforward "disable X button" kind of question. 

One other thing (if you read this far--thank you), My set up is pretty simple: Two macs, one hosts the server and runs Kodi (with embycon and embuary) on the TV in the living room, another copy of Kodi (with embycon amd emburary) in the bedroom. Do I need two different accounts/IDs to keep those logged into the server and sync settings, or can I just use the one account for both? 

Thank you again for any help you can offer and also, thank you for this great alternative to Plex!

Angelblue05

You’ll want to provide your Kodi log capturing this. I’ve not seen another user report an issue like this.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/how-to-report-an-issue

Emby for Kodi and embycon can work alongside even though they don’t communicate. You can have either or. If you are using Emby for Kodi, then you have the option to sync those libraries to Kodi. If you only want to browse your content and play it, without doing anything fancy in Kodi, then use Embycon instead.

You can use one emby account across all those devicss. For the login situation, I’m not sure what’s causing it, so I’ll wait for your log.

Edited by Angelblue05

taelor

Okay, if I did it wrong, I apologize, the log file is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/tavifefiso according to the logfile uploader add on. I opened the link and there's lots of verbage I don't understand, hopefully what you need is in there. Said it was too big to post, and I'm going to guess that it is :)

Anyway, I installed the add-on, quit Kodi and then opened it back up. After a couple of seconds, the log in window appears. I put in username and password and it declares them invalid, so I cancel. Window pops up again and again I cancel. Then everything runs smoothly without interruption or problem. 

If that's not the right log, if I need to do something else, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm mac osx and I didn't see any directory listed for the log files get stored, but I'm sure I can find them on the console somewhere if it needs to be different. 

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1