repoint home screen "shortcuts" to mb3 addon paths

MrWebsmith

MrWebsmith

ok so again guys

im new to xbmc so dont knock my head off yet.. 

when my themes shortcut "bar" isnt pointing where i want, how do i change that.. just need a hint to get going.. ill do the leg work

nox theme (the mb3 custom one) and Movies/TV Shows im trying to re point to root/addons/xbmb3c/XXXXXX where xx could be the fancy All movies or just say one of my media folders etc...just looking to get these endpoints to land better coming from the home screen

tia for the help

• Like 1

xnappo

Howdy,

I will post some screenshots tonight or tomorrow - but what you are missing is the 'Edit Menu' option.

1. Scroll over to the 'SYSTEM' menu and press down.

2. Go to 'Edit Menu'

3. Scroll over to one of the 'CUSTOMX' entries with an 'X' on it and select

4. Enable the menu item

5. Choose 'Type' 'Video Node' - now go to the XBMB3C addon and select the the 'folder' you want for this entry

6. You can also choose 'Widgets' and 'Background' to use for this menu entry here.

That is from memory - so.. Might not be exactly right.  Hopefully enough to get you going.

If you are like me, you may also want to disable the 'All Movies' node - similar procedure.

Oh - and WELCOME!

xnappo

[EDIT] See ~1:10 in this really old XBMB3C video: 

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

MrWebsmith

working... just needed the hint of doing this all to a custom entry and not trying to repoint the built in tv/movies... those didnt seem to be changing.. my process is working for my custom one now 

thanks again man

• Like 1

xnappo

Ah - I see - yes I think what you tried to do should work - and that I have a bug in the skin.  However - yeah - using the 'CUSTOMX' buttons is what you need to do for now.

Looking forward to your feedback.

xnappo