Idea of mini PC

ANIS03

ANIS03

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask you for your help in finding a mini PC to use emby server.

Currently I use emby server on my Toshiba windows 10 I have 5 clients that use emby app Android or emby ps4 the 5 uses transcoding on some movie, here is my configuration :

Motherboard: Intel pentium p6200 2.13 ghs cpu

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics

Network card: Qualcomm atheros ar8152 pci-e

Memory: 4GB

Storage: 500 go itachi

I would like to find a mini PC equivalent to my laptop or slightly more powerful.

I found this mini PC I don't know if it will be enough : Beelink BT3Pro II Mini PC

Have a good evening

clarkss12

That miniPC uses an older Intel CPU.  I have a miniPC using that CPU, but it would not make a good server.  You will have to purchase a miniPC with a newer CPU, consequently more $$$$.  BUTTT, if your clients, can play all your media codecs natively, AND you are not playing over the internet where transcoding is necessary, then any **  cheap ** hardware will work quite well.

chef

That might be slightly under powered for an emby server.

I once read that, at minimum, i5 processors will yield good results for emby.

The Beelink looks like an okay client to stream to, just not sure if it would do justice for serving to as many clients as you have mentioned above.

Edited by chef

ANIS03

That miniPC uses an older Intel CPU. I have a miniPC using that CPU, but it would not make a good server. You will have to purchase a miniPC with a newer CPU, consequently more $$$$. BUTTT, if your clients, can play all your media codecs natively, AND you are not playing over the internet where transcoding is necessary, then any ** cheap ** hardware will work quite well.

I am lucky to have a 1 gbps fiber connection so connection level I am not to worry, my current PC has a network card of 100mbs ( download speed 93mbps upload speed 98 mbps).

My clients can't read all formats ( Samsung galaxy s8 and oppo f1s and honor 10 and fire TV) but with this current pc 4 clients uses transcoding and I'm no problem either on pc or at the client level

ANIS03

That might be slightly under powered for an emby server.

I once read that, at minimum, i5 processors will yield good results for emby.

The Beelink looks like an okay client to stream to, just not sure if it would do justice for serving to as many clients as you have mentioned above.

I have the raspberry pi 3 b+ but it is not enough that's why I ask you for a cheap model that will run emby with 6 clients ^^

Guest asrequested

That's a bit of a squeeze. I've got a Beelink Gemini X45. I haven't tried it as a server, but the GPU should be able to handle a few transcodes. You want to look at 6th gen Intel or above. But those cheap boxes use mobile CPUs so it's going to be a bit of a stretch.

ANIS03

That's a bit of a squeeze. I've got a Beelink Gemini X45. I haven't tried it as a server, but the GPU should be able to handle a few transcodes. You want to look at 6th gen Intel or above. But those cheap boxes use mobile CPUs so it's going to be a bit of a stretch.

I understand you, but I don't want to put a lot of money in a mini PC when I see that my PC with low performance can manage emby and the 5 customers

ANIS03

You could try an Nvidia Shield.

It's a good idea the nvidia shield I hadn't thought of it, I keep this idea in mind thank you

Guest asrequested

I'm not sure how many simultaneous transcodes the shield can do. You should probably read through that topic.

ANIS03

A little more than your price point, but can be used as a server AND client....... Not sure how many transcodes at one time.

http://www.bee-link.com/portal.php?mod=view&aid=130

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Beelink-L55-Intel-Core-I3-5005U-Windows-10-8GB-256GB-Mini-PC-416992.html

Indeed it is a little above the price but good price for the configuration

I keep all the suggestions in mind and wait for what other members are proposing.

Thank you for your help