Chromecast Audio volume levels

processcreative

processcreative

Hi folks...

I have seen that someone posted a very similar issue to this, but no evidence it has been addressed:

When I'm on my home network and I connect to one of my 3 Chromecast Audios, the audio volume in Emby seems to 'stick' at 100%, but the volume of the speaker does not change... if I then change the volume using the slider or the hardware volume keys on my android phone the volume on the speaker jumps up to max volume (not good, and can be very alarming!!)

When casting to the speaker, in my Volume bars at the top of the phone screen there is two sliders, one for Emby (by default at 100%) and one for the CCA (set to whatever I last had it on, say 25%).

When I use Plex to do the same thing there is just a single volume slider and all works as it should... Emby messes up the volume, making it pretty much unusable.

Also, if I set Emby's volume slider to where I want it (say 30%), when it moves to play the next track in the queue the slider jumps back up to 100% BUT the volume doesn't change... it's all very odd, I'm assuming it's a bug but I've only seen one other person with this issue! Help!!

Thanks

Jeremy

Hi there, what exactly are you playing? If you are passing through ac3 audio then you need to change volume using your speakers.

Most likely that other server is converting the audio, which then allows it to be controlled from the app. We prefer passing original audio, but sometimes that means you may not be able to control it.

processcreative

Hi,

I'm simply playing flac files, aac files and mp3, all of which the CCA can handle perfectly (as can the Philips Fidelio speakers the CCAs are connected to). Under the Emby dashboard it says the files are Direct Streaming, so there's no encoding going on. Plex doesn't have this issue, everything direct streams and volume works perfectly. I have both Emby and Plex running on a Synology DS718+.

I avoid using Emby because of this issue!

processcreative

This is what I get when streaming from Emby to the CCA.... two volume controls. Audio is not being transcoded... the volume slider below the album artwork never correlates with either of the two casting sliders!!

5d10a7b9bff17_Screenshot_20190622112324.

• 2 weeks later...
SamES

This sounds like it only occurs on Android.  I can't reproduce it otherwise.

Let me bring home an Android device tomorrow and I'll test it out.

SamES

I had some issue with my android device.  Resolved now but ran out of time and away for the next few days.  I will get to it next week. Sorry.

SamES

Sorry, I can't reproduce this.  Can you please give me some more info on your android device model and android version?

I only have chromecast ultra, not cca to test this on so that may also be an issue.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

@@Luke, could this be caused by having multiple chromecast devices available?

5d2b190cd0828_Screenshot_20190714221234.

I wouldn't think so. I have multiple chromecasts and haven't seen this when testing.