Apparent Loop Playing Crunching Sound when Deleting Media

saj

Hi,

I am a long time user of emby for WMC. I have only recently started using emby's live TV recording capability. I am having a consistent problem when I try to delete an emby TV episode after I have finished viewing it in emby for WMC. I hear a repeating crunching sound like a sound effect one might play to signify a file being deleted. i have completely turned off Windows 7 sound effects to eliminate that as a possibility. The sound repeats until I exit emby for WMC. If I let it go long enough, it will continue after I exit emby for WMC, but I think that is only because the sounds get queued up because of the loop, and they take a while to finish playing. When this is happening, I see 5% cpu usage from audiodg.exe, and that is not normal. I'm sure I had never deleted any media from emby for WMC before, as I would have had no reason to do so. This has happened about 4 or 5 times so far - every time I have tried to delete one of these recordings from emby for WMC. Once I exit emby and the sound stops, the media file is indeed deleted.

Does emby for WMC play a sound effect upon deletion of media files? Might there be a loop in that process?

Thanks

jachin99

About to knock out for the night but for a quick thing to try, attpt to disable gui sounds in both wmc and emc. I can look later but I remember seeing reports of gui sounds being enabled causing issues with Dolby output in wmc. Also if you have any themes enabled in wmc or emc please let me know.

Hi,

As I said, I have all sound effects for Windows turned off in Control Panel Sounds. The only other sound option I see in WMC settings is navigation sounds, and that has never been on. I have been through every emc configuration screen twice, and I am not seeing any gui sound options. So if there are other places to turn sounds off, please point me to them.

I am using the Midnight theme in WMC and the Chocolate theme in emc.

Thanks

jachin99

How did you apply the theme? Are you using media center studio or media center themer? Have you tried disabling the theme?

OK, here is some more information about this. I actually use MCE Reset Toolbox to set the theme. It is the vastly improved replacement for Media Center Studio. I don't actually see a way to say no theme there, short of removing MCE Reset Toolbox, and I am not about to do that. I have far too much time invested in it. I did reset the theme to the Windows 7 one, but I doubt that is the same as no theme. I also reset the emc theme to Classic. Again, I guess that is actually just another theme. Regardless, none of that changed anything, as I expected. I did notice when I was listening to the crunching sound melody that Now Playing showed "Windows Recycle". There is a Windows sound called "Windows Recycle.wav" in the Windows media folder. Remember that I had the Control Panel Sound settings set for no Windows sound effects. Seeing the Now Playing like that made me wonder. So I looked at my Windows Media Player settings, and it was set to repeat play. I turned that off and also turned off shuffle, just for the heck of it. I then went back to emc and tried another recording deletion. No crunching noise. It may have played once, but if it did, I couldn't hear it. It certainly did not repeat ad nauseum. Even when Windows sound effects are turned on, having Windows Media Player set for repeat play does not cause them to repeat. Also, I have deleted hundreds of Windows Media Center live TV recordings after viewing them and have never heard any sound. So, I guess I am wondering still if emc is playing that sound via Windows Media Player when one deletes a media file. And if it is, it should probably not do it or make sure Windows Media Player is set for no repeat.

I have attached a short log of an emc session in which I did a delete and heard the repeating sound.

Edited by saj

No, I looked through it quickly, but nothing jumped out as pertinent to the problem. Of course, I could easily miss something that would be significant to you experts. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Just to confirm; every time I delete an emby TV recording in emc, I still hear the windows Recycle sound effect, and if I turn repeat on in Windows Media Player, the sound repeats until I end WMC.

Thanks